SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car stalls when it is cold and has a very slow tickover when it is warmed up and tends to stall when it is heavily loaded. I've taken the car to my local seat dealer and the diagnosis says that the idle speed is out of limits, this can be pinpointed to a wiring fault or the throttle valve potentiometer/ motor is u/s. the problem is that this unit comes complete with the throttle body and costs £200, which I am a bit reluctant to fork out unless I know for sure it is the problem. Seat have said that they would look at the car to find the problem but will not give me an estimate of how long the job would take, this could be even more expensive. Can anyone help, has anyone else had similar problems?
Thanks Francis

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the same model of Ibiza. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
when in idle my engine drops revs and just about picks them up before it stalls occassionally, tho sometimes it does stall. Had it at a garage recently and he suggested that it might be the idle speed valve sticking or something along those lines. sorry i'm not completely up on engines but thats what he said. Is this the thing ure saying will cost £200????

·
Registered
951 Posts
Not too sure why this is in the Leon section...But anyhoo.

Just out of curiousity what engine code is your engine as I have throttle body for an AEX engine sat in my shed doing naff all.

AndyP...your problem maybe an air leak into the inlet manifold.At a guess.

·
Registered
43 Posts
clean the throttle body housing it gets gunk on it & causes cut out, very common prob on these iv had it couple of times.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seen a few of these causing problems and you either have a faulty throttle valve, in which case u need to replace the throttle body or you have an intake leak, poss even from a split servo pipe!! but at a guess id say the throttle valve is ur problem!

·
Registered
95 Posts
t3zza33;767765 said:
clean the throttle body housing it gets gunk on it & causes cut out, very common prob on these iv had it couple of times.
This tends to be true .. this was the case on my 1.4 Aex motor...
Additionally inspect the grounding strap to the throttle housing esp since the intake manifold is of some plastic composite. U can also do a general check up of plugs,HT leads,(distibutor positioning)-timing,temp sending unit since incorrect values may be sent to the ecu.....And lastly if u are at the dealer they can check out the Basic Adjustment while you are at it!!
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.