SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it looks so very nice,
but,
i cut the bumpstops by 20 mm like the gmax spring instructions said to do and posted this on the other seat forum. and 2 ppl have said that this was a mistake, with one saying it wrecked his shocks.

so my question is- can anyone offer me more advice on the matter? do i leave it as it is or put the 20mm worth of bumpstops back on?

cheers for ur help

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
that was me with the wrecked shocks. I took the 20mm out on all 4 corners and it wrecked the two rear shocks, had to buy new one at about 50 quid each<more than the springs cost in the first place>. ive had no trouble with the front but ive put the rear 20mm back in on both sides and have had no probs. the ride was a little more positive and less harsh. sorry didnt have time to reply to the other message.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i could have a go at a report but nothing much bad has happened yet fortunately!

however i will be putting the 20mm worth of bumpstops back onto my shocks so i can take photos if u wish to use them as part of a guide? if thats what ur after?

G

·
Tom, yeah we just want to be able to review any suspension that goes on as it will help other people out in the future ........ some piccies and some words about it

TY

G

·
Yee ha! bout time mate!

How about the 18th August?

Do it at my work, it much easier for me with a ramp and toolbox!

G

·
Originally posted by CupraSi
What day is that mate? I have a couple of bits and pieces to do don't I?

A few more fitting guides?
Thats a sunday mate,

Can do some guides to as well as other stuff.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Originally posted by Steve

Do it at my work, it much easier for me with a ramp and toolbox!
what's wrong with ya steve ???? i done mine on the drive with axle stands :p :p

but i couldn't do the tracking or camber :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.