SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rite, thought it was time to put some pictures of my motor up.

Bought my car on 27th December 2005 (Didnt get to pick it up until 4th January 2006 due to getting insurance etc sorted out due to the Xmas/New Year Period!!)

Had just shy of 75,000 miles on the clock wen i bought it. (Used it for 6months back n forward 2college so thats why it now has 94,000 miles on it)

Only reason i bought the car with that mileage on it was that it had every receipt of everything that had been done to the car (Including the receipt with the price of the car new!!)

Car was totally standard when I bought it.

Got a JVC Headunit put into it a week after i bought the car (Still To Get A Foto)

Heres some foto's:

February 2006 - Black Lexus Lights and Crystal Clear Side Repeaters installed.

July 2006 - Alloys Purchased and Fitted to Car. Only 15inch wheels,due to using car for work,didnt want to go over the top.
Subwoofer Installed

August 2006 - Mesh Grille Fitted (Old One Drilled Out, New Mesh Self Tapping Screwed In Place)

Nothing much done since then due to winter, then over last month and a half problems with car, Pedal Box Breaking, New Clutch Required and New Power Steering Pump.

Mods So Far
  • Black Rear Lexus Lights[/*]
  • Crystal Clear Side Repeaters[/*]
  • AEZ Xylo Alloy Wheels[/*]
  • Meshed Front Grille[/*]
  • Xenon Head and Sidelight bulbs.[/*]
  • Silvatechs all round[/*]

Future Plans
  • Raid Hp Induction Kit (Purchased,Still To Fit)[/*]
  • Lowered 40mm All Round On Struts and Springs (Purchased,Still To Fit.)[/*]
  • DTM Door Mirrors[/*]
  • Rear Windows Tinted (Dark Smoke)[/*]
  • Possibly Rear Backbox[/*]
  • Possibly Bodykit[/*]
  • Boot Build[/*]
  • Gti Centre Console and Possibly Speaker Pockets[/*]
  • Some Interior Goodies[/*]

Im thinking of getting a rear backbox but i dont want to cut the standard bumper. Im considering getting a rear bumper to eliminate this problem. Would like everyones opinion on it.

Thanks for looking!! :biggrin9gp: :laugh8kb: :cool:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just thought id leave an update on how things are going.

Have (finally) managed to get hold of a centre console, got it off ebay. But as i bonus im also getting the black leather gear and handbrake gaiter, gearknob and handbrake handle.

Also managed to pick up a set of Seat Cupra Sport car mats. My uncle had them in both his 1998 R reg GTI and his 1999 T Reg GTI. He had them in his shed as he has now moved onto a leon, he was going to throw them out as he didnt need them so i took them.

They need a good clean n hoover but that aint a big job and i got them for nothing so it aint nothing to grumble about!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris_TDi;781435 said:
Good stuff, its an Estillo right? My Mk2 was also an Estillo I too fitted the centre console, Cupra GTI mats and also a set of clocks with a rev counter in them.
Yep its an estillo!? I dont get it cos ive saw sum estillo's with a centre console n a cigarette lighter, whereas mine didnt. Must be an optional extra or sumthing!? Did the Cupra GTI mats u put in fit correctly, well just the drivers one?? Cos the ones i have i dont think the driver's mat will fit the plan of the floor?! :baffled5wh: :confused1bb:

Im trying to get my lowering kit fitted, it will only lower it 40mm but lowering it 60mm wudnt b practical for me as i use my car for work n i carry passengers one or 2days!! Im having problems finding a garage to fit it for me!? :baffled5wh: the one i usually take my car 2made such a fuss about it so im trying to find another!?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i dont think my drivers mat is gonna fit exact, but im still gonna put them in. The mats r black with blue outline and Seat Cupra Sport on the drivers mat!! Pictures to follow!! Not bothered that i dont have a cigarette lighter cos i dont smoke!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just alittle update on progress........

Got my car booked in next thursday to get my suspension kit fitted (FINALLY!!)

Got my centre console under ma bed fitted ready to fit, this includes the gearknob n handbrake n gaiter.

Ordered the heat shield for my induction kit which shud b here this week/early next week, also ordered the DTM mirrors which shud also be here this week/early next week.

Will take foto's wen everything has been done n the car has been washed!! :confused1bb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As i told everyone last week, i was getting my car lowered last thursday n guess wat..... IVE FINALLY GOT IT DONE!!" :biggrin9gp: :laugh8kb:

I have also managed to get hold of a centre console,gear knob and gaiter and handbrake handle and gaiter. I also got hold of a set of Seat Cupra Sport car mats (in black with blue piping). i have also bought and fitted a pair of DTM Mirrors (Shown on the after lowering pictures!)

Sorry about the quality of sum of the pics as some were taken on my fone!!

Before Lowering.

After Lowering

Interior Without Centre Console

Interior With Centre Console and new gearknob and gaiter and handbrake handle and gaiter

On the picture above you can just see the Seat Cupra Sport car mats.

I have decided that i aint going to bother fitting my induction kit to my car, im just going to get a replacement performance air filter element to put in and a better cold air feed to the airbox. :yes4lo:

Im struggling to decide what to do next :confused1bb:,so if any1 has any suggestions then let me no!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
momo race steering wheel, there not cheap but i find mine sooo much nicer to hold, there really comfortable.
momo gearknobs are nice too but a bti pricey.
looks really nice now its lowered mate :), what about colour coding the door handles?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts