SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Been a while since I've posted - apologies. My problem is, I've just changed my 1.4 Petrol Leon (Year: 2000), for a 1.9 TDi (90bhp model - Year: 2002), and while driving it back from the dealers on the motorway, it wouldn't go above 80mph!!! It only has 50K on the clock - pretty low for a diesel..I could easily get above 110mph out of my 1.4! Just phoned the dealer and he says I'm to ring him on Tuesday morning (bank holiday here on Monday), and he'll get it sorted it out. The only problem is, it's about 60 miles away! I'm not at all happy. Is this a common problem? Does anyone have any ideas? I know it's not the fastest of the TDi's, but I would expect to get at least 100mph out of it (considering the top speed is meant to be 112mph!! It actually started to drop back from the 80mph when I was going up a hill! Doesn't sound right to me....any contribution would be really grateful....wish I had my old 1.4 now...:no6xn:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the response...I suppose it could be that, or could it be the MAF sensor? That's what the dealer suggested when I spoke to him....I'm just a bit pee-d off because I don't fancy the prospect of paying higher insurance/tax for a less powerful car!!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
MAF sensors fairly easy to test - just pull it out and take the car for a quick spin - if it goes better then it'll be the MAF (Don't just leave it unplugged - you'll need a new one!).

Normally if you have a boost leak the car will smoke a lot and often you'll be able to hear the leak too

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response Leigh....is there a diagram anywhere as to where the MAF is? I haven't a clue...I've heard a few descriptions as to it being beside the airbox etc, but I don't know where the airbox is! Is it easy to get to?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I went out and checked what I think is the MAF and there was a little tube leading into it that wasn't attached. I attached it, and went out again....no luck - still the same.....then I unclipped the MAF (well at least that's what I think it is) - and it was even worse....mind you, could I have unclipped the turbo? Not sure....anyway, not happy...and I have to wait until Tuesday evening to see what the story is.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts