SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was writing recently about the problem with my Leon that I had just bought, and I'm happy to say it's been sorted! Thanks to the forum, I even knew what the guy was talking about when he dropped it back to me!

Basically, to summarise, the car wouldn't go above 80mph and was very sluggish and unresponsive, and when the needle would hit 3000rpm on the rev counter the car would pull back...it was awful, especially after just shelling out.

Anyway, I got a call from the garage today - it turns out that the turbo was knackered....the bloke told me that the waste gate was jamming open, but if I had stopped the car and started it again, it would sort it out temporarily. So he put a new turbo in it, and it's going like s**t from a goose now! I got a 115mph out of it earlier (it's only a 90bhp so that's not bad!), and the fuel consumption seems to have improved now. All together I'm delighted! Hopefully this may be of help to someone else with a similar problem in the future.

Cheers for all the help :yes4lo:

·
Registered
123 Posts
sounds about right, our tolly 1.9 tdi had the same, except it wouldnt go over 40, they (seat dealer) in the end replaced the entire turbo, i think previously they tinkered or cleaned the blades or something, i dont believe a word as we suspect it was a bodge but went south hence no argument over replacement, it was under warranty so alls well that ends well

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Klarky...yeah, the garage said they replaced my turbo, but I reckon they probably just cleaned it so that the wastegate didn't jam any more....not over 40mph! Mad....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.