SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and Happy New Year
I am hoping that someone will be able to help me with a problem that I have with my sons SEAT Leon II 2010 1.6 tdi ecomotive VW/Audi CAYC engine.

A couple of weeks ago the car cut out for no apparent reason but started again after switching ignition off for a few seconds. The next day it did the same and started again after same procedure. The next day it did it again, started again but would only run in limp mode.

Now it will not start at all, although now and again it will fire up, run really rough for a few seconds and cut out.

The strange thing is that the management light is only showing during the few seconds of rough running.

I ran a diagnostic even though there was no management lights on and it came up with P228D00 - FUEL METERING VALVE, CONTROL VARIATION - PRESSURE TOO HIGH N- PERMANENT. I cleared the fault and it hasn't shown itself since which makes me think that it could be an old one.

I run diagnostic and it only comes up with 001D38 - Unknown fault code. I don't have access to a proper VCDS unfortunately.

Other than that the management lights do not light.

Anybody got any ideas please?

Much appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still having major problems with this. I came to the conclusion (wrongly) that the tank fuel pump was at fault but it wasn't.

Its defo a fuel problem and I think now that it could be the HP pump.

I have had the injectors checked/leak back tested and all good.

On my little diagnostic machine I have the facility to check rail pressures but I don't k now what they should be and I cant find anything conclusive on the net.
Can anyone help with this please?

I have these results but not sure what they mean.
These are all on cranking the engine over with the starter.
• Rail pressure, specified value 311 bar max
• Rail pressure actual, 44 bar max
• Rail pressure control deviation, 272 bar

Just to remind it's a SEAT Leon with CAYC engine. 1.6 TDi

Thanks all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all again
I still have not tracked this problem down unfortunately.
Does anyone have or can tell me where I can get an ecu and components wiring diagram for 2010 seat Leon 1.6 tdi with CAYC engine please.
I know it is some kind of fuel pressure problem. At the moment I am trying to fault find/eliminate wiring loom faults between the ecu and its components.
I am struggling to identify what wire does what and where it goes.
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks in advance
Nigel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all, quick update.
I think, and I say cautiously, that I may have sorted it.
Once I establish exactly what I have done I will update everyone.
Thanks for your input so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts