SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I got this beeza 2003 second hand stock and past this year and a half i own it, ive spent quite a bit in tuning it...

First prob is, its 5door...so not my taste really but hey...i didnt pay for it...and soon its gonna be replaced by an 20vt 1.8t ibiza Cupra :)

Its engine is the small 1.4 16v 101hp

I had the ECU remaped by REVO,
fitted the BMC CDA,
DENSO iridium IK20 spark plugs,
and upgraded all the exhaust including a custom built 4-2-1 manifold, Americat 200 cpsi metallic catalyst, full cat back and Φ48mm (45mm stock) stainless steel exhaust tubing

As far as the engine is concerned the car has a lot more torque and power, it came to life and pulls very nice for an 1.4 engine...drag racing a celica 1.8 140hp makes you laugh as it cant pull away any more...

The 4-2-1 custom manifolds design is based-a copy of the supersprint and has 35mm, 42mm and finally 48mm tubing after the last collector.It made a hell lot of difference on the engines performance, as the engines power band was improved a lot especially in the range below 4000 rpm.

The car is sitting on the KW sports kit (3mm lowering kit) and i upgraded its wheels with the 16" ibiza FR wheels

The silent blocks have been upgraded with the ones from the ibiza cupra, and i am about to upgrade the front anti roll bar, with the one from the ibiza cupra which is 20mm instead of the 17mm stock.The seat sport strut brace has also been installed in order to improve handling along with all the other mods to improve handling and i also bought a different engine cover to allow more clearance for the BMC CDA installation.

Window tints have been installed, along with the front grille from the ibiza FR in the fog lights area which i masked and took for painting.Je design headlight lids, i also painted the black fillets in the side of the doors which looks better i believe.I need to install my brembo front drilled discs along with the new ferodo brake pads too, and my 8000K xenon kit which i have lying arround quite some time now... but i think thats it really..aint worth spending any more money on the 1.4... ;)

I never really liked my 5door beeza but it surely is a fun car to drive and is a lot faster than the stock 101 version at its current state...Anyways, the car wont leave the family...its gonna be used by my father as a second car since i am getting an ibiza cupra soon i hope :p

Cant find my digi cam pics so here are some random mobile phone photos etc

will upload some proper pics soon.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
sounds like you've spent quite a bit of money on that :s personally if i knew i was gettin a cupra i'd save all my money for that!! but everyman to himself an all. what sorta power is it putting out?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello guys( Mr Leigh :D )...i have visited the forum a few more times in the past but i think it was down for the upgrade right?

so i stopped posting for a bit... hehe

Rash....

i love your car man...except from that little splitter in the front cupra bumper ;)

I live in Greece so yeah postage would be a bit.... ouch ehhe...the cupra 20mm anti roll bar only cost like 70 euros so its not expensive...the HR arbars though...man 350 euros hehe..but i am sure they would work great on my bucket with wheels :p

Anyways

Yeah this little beeza is really popular arround here as its suitable for moving in big cities etc.

I dont like mine really as i mentioned earlier unless i weld those 2 darn back doors :p

Well car tuning etc is my hobby...had 2 crashes with the bike(not my fault) so i had to chill out a bit and started spending my spare money into my small beeza

I have spent about 3500 euros tuning etc, and i know its money youll never get back when youre gonna sell the car but since the car will be used by my father as a second car...no probs hehe.

Fingers crossed and in about a year or less an 20vt cupra or FR 20vt depending on how fat my walled will be. will be mine :)

power wise..mhmh dont expect much.

The stock engine is advertised as an 101hp engine.

SInce many of my mates have tuned theirs+i am a member in many forums, the average power output for these little engines 1st stage tuned on a strict DYNO(TAT) is 116-118 HP(120hp+ in rare cases) and 14 NM of torque. We have seen 122 hp in dynos too(DYNOMET) but its probably dyno calibration error.

Its not much of course but the car awakens and it really accelerates nicely,
Its faster than an ignis sport(little devils),celica 1.8 140 ps, so it really is nice to see a little car, designed for people like...my father, drag racing a lot better-faster cars with just first stage tuning :)

You can minimise the cost by using a custom built ECU remap (starting from 250 euros) or a forced air induction starting from 55 euros! + full exhaust(mainly the 4-2-1 manifold gives most of the power+catalyst...you dont see much-nothing really by upgrading the end silencers-cat back)

Its fun to drive..but i think after 1 year and a half i own this car, i want something faster :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
dont like the splitter :( i think it really makes the front look meaner and more agressive and more impotantly makes it look alot lower :D

if you do get the cupra petrol if your like me ul get Bored in a month and want more power ive just spent 5k on turbo will keep me occupied for a month or so :D :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have to agree with that.

Only reason i dont like it is because it slightly changes the finish(lower end) of the beautifull cupra stock bumper :p

well

talking about cupra

What i am thinking of is...

KW variant 2, strut brace etc

engine wise... i will dump taht K03s

straight off for a K04 023
S3 maf, S3 injectors, Unitronic chip probably

70mm downpipe, and 63.5 end silencer(no middle) + americat 200 cpsi catalyst..

sto straight off for 280 hp and 40nm of torque :D

for now, i can only dream about it and wet my pants during sleep ehehe

·
Registered
62 Posts
^^^^^ Ko4 Doesnt Fit The Standard Manifold So The Tt Or S3 Manifold Will Need To Be Added To That List! Also The S3 Maf Is Bigger Than Any Petrol Maf So Airbox Wil Be Needed. Also To Run The Bigger Injectors 4 Bar Fuel Pump And Fuel Pressure Regulator Will Be Needed Too! ;)

The List Just Keeps Getting Longer :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rashcupra;780887 said:
and 280bhp is a dreamy figure :) maybe 260
I didnt list the whole details about the mod...

already know whats needed as i am seeing cupras in my sleep hhehe...dont need airbox, just an air filter (i dont care if the MAF is gonna get borked...i wanna hear as much as possible the bof(closed type)) heheh

Many guys have tried this mod around where i live and all of them are petrol 20 vt as diesel cars aint allowed..

I never mentioned BHP :p i dont live in the UK :p

280HP is achievable though...have seen dyno runs :)

Gotta get the money first better start saving :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ελα ρε... :D...

This seat engine cover is meant to be a Leon 1.4 cover...but i kinda doubt that...i have been looking for this engine cover a lot since th old engine cover would rip apart the bmc cfa air induction funnerl.... so i had to remove that and find something different.

I bought it from Seat Makris in Galatsi Greece...BUT the new 1.4 85hp engine of the new ibizas - fabias has a new engine cover...its not as big as the one i am using...but i am seriously thinking of buying the new one since it will probably help me install a cold air feed(skoupa as its called where i come from :p).

The Bmc Cda was bought from Seat Autolux, in kavalas avenue...it cost me 405 euros and it came with the air funnel yes.i think it costs about 50 euros seperately..but i have found a similar one for when mine needs replacing(i hope not) very cheap..about 7 euros per meter...

Heres a pic i took today of the car...side pics of my dirty car...fortunately my mobile phones camera is carp so you cant see how dirty the whole car is...

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6881/dsc00125yy3.jpg

I think painting the side door protectors makes the car look better...

bah...sick of it..5door :p need a Cupra asap... :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ouch...i cant really remember

...if you go to the bmc cda website, and search for sea ibiza it will come up with type and model codes i think.

i has a 70mm radius(intake)...i had it installed in the Seat Garage so i didnt order it myself to remember...

Get a cold air feed...works better man, and the intake affects a lot our engines performance on the 1.4 16v ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol...its gonna take more than i thought buddy...months... :(

good news is that i am about to start my new job.

I studied Msc Mechanical engineering and where i live, theres a power plant, where exhaust gas filtration installations are going to be built so..fingers crossed in the next weeks i ll start my new job and i can then evaluate the situation again...(buying an 20vt beeza)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts