SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem with a banging noise coming from the nearside of the car, checked all wheelnuts, all were tight, then saw that the brake caliper had moved and was resting on the alloy.
Turns out the bolt that holds it in place has no thread on it.
Spoke to GK Seat at Derby and they said it's either a new caliper or they can get an engineering firm in to retap the bolt.
Has anyone else come across this problem, is it common?

Oh yeah, and the bloody brake lights have failed again, another new switch!

·
Registered
36 Posts
would love to help you out, but ur a Derby fan!!! LOL, not had the problem, but I would suggest trying to get thread retapped, we have this done on the Vans i work on, works everytime!!!

IM LEICESTER TIL I DIE, IM LEICESTER TIL I DIE, I KNOW I AM, IM SURE I AM, IM LEICESTER TIL I DIE

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
e1westy;782515 said:
would love to help you out, but ur a Derby fan!!! LOL, not had the problem, but I would suggest trying to get thread retapped, we have this done on the Vans i work on, works everytime!!!

IM LEICESTER TIL I DIE, IM LEICESTER TIL I DIE, I KNOW I AM, IM SURE I AM, IM LEICESTER TIL I DIE
Oh god, not a bloody Fox!! It's going from bad to worse!! LOL!

Yeah, Gk Seat (in DERBY!!!) said they had the option of retapping the thread, saves about a hundred quid on buying a whole new hub unit. So fingers crossed!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*Update*
Car been in garage today. They fitted new helicoil to the carrier, built it back up, and it's perfect.
Also fitted me a new brake light switch, mechanic told me they've changed the design of it for a third time. It's now bigger and uglier so should stand upto a bit more hammer.

All work done inc VAT for less than £130.

Cracking stuff.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts