SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Cordoba 1.6sx, Year 1998... I want to keep the car but put a bigger engine into it, i want a 2ltr turbo, just woundering which engines would be almost a straight swap and what other things would i need to swap??

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
First, you're probably better off looking at the 1.8T rather than the 2.0T. The 2.0 is a much newer engine, so will by harder to find used examples, and they'll cost more. Second, it will mean a lot of work, and it won't be cheap, and it'll be tricky to insure afterwards, so make sure to get pleanty of quotes first to make sure you're happy with that side of things. You'll need pretty much everything though, obviously the engine, the electrics, the gearbox, etc. You'll need new brakes and suspension to cope with the extra weight and power. If you do undertake it, then good luck, it ain't a small job ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definatly will be doing it, proberly go with 1.8 if it is going to fit better, ive already had my exhaust system done ready for bigger engine... didnt want to buy a full system for this car and then upgrade the engine and need bigger exhaust pipes..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts