SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of one of these little beauty's and am very pleased so far, then again only 500 miles on the clock. There are however two little points that I would like to clarify:

1. MPG - OK first, no make that second fill up only got one gallon from main dealer and I appear to have acheived around 36mpg. As my old 1.9TDi averaged 43mpg I am a little surprised. I was expecting 40mpg but what should I expect?

2. Road noise - I have noticed significant noise when cars go past, could this just be a poor door seal on drivers door?

As I said very minor niggles at moment and I am very happy as even though I have been running car in and driving carefully it is clear that the extra BHP will produce a very different performance when compared to old 1.9.

Hey I am like a dog with two tails at the moment!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I too have a 2.0tdi Stylance and have found my overall mpg over 2,000 miles is 37mpg. The car has done about 8,000 miles. And yes, I too have a noisy driver door - I'm sure the seal isn't seated correctly and requires replacement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jools

Thanks for the info
I thought the official figures were a little optomistic and when the salesman tried to tell me that I would get more power for the same fuel economy I should really have sniffed deeply to check for the heady aroma of bul***it.
Overall though still pleased with performance and the door seal will be dealt with in the next couple of months just waiting to see if there are any other niggles.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
To be honest, for the first 1000 miles in my A3 2.0TDi 140 I was only getting around 38mpg, so I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. You should see it pick up a little as time goes on though, just don't expect to acheive the manufacturers figures.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Alan
Yeah must accept that I have to be realistic after all its a fair chunk of metal I'm tying to throw about.
If I can get to 40mpg average I will be well pleased.
Just a thought if you have the same engine in an A3 the performance must be interesting.
Thanks for the response

·
Registered
7 Posts
Returned to the Forum after a very long absence (ill health, fortunately not mine) - drawn by this thread re 2.0 TDi Alhambra.

I currently own a 1.4 Ibiza, located in Spain, and now that I have twin Grandchildren (leading to a need for a six+ seater) I looked at the Voyagers, Espaces but - have fallen for the Alhambra, being so much better equipped than the now defunct Galaxy mk1 and the Sharan.

So, I'm off to Spain next week to look for a 2.0 TDi - '06 probably - the Stylance being my fave, with, of course, the integral child seats in the 2nd row. So - 38/40 to the gallon sounds good to me - Torremolinos to Marbella for next to nuffink!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - second tank of fuel and economy down to 34mpg!

Its going the wrong way!

I was worried at first but remembered that I had been doing a lot of very short runs hence lower MPG.

Still happy but I am probably coming round to the idea that 36-38mpg is going to be the average but hey at the end of the day thsi about the same as the wifes Ford Mondeo 1.8 so no complaints.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oldnewtown and friends

I've done a few longer trips in the Alhambra - like return trip of 300 miles - and averaging around the 70mph mark gave me 43mpg so all is not lost, I'm sure you'll find the mpg will creep up. I use the car mainly for a 12 mile commute with some fast bits and queues and tend to get 38mpg.

Still pleased even though some complete t**t ran in to the back of me in stationary traffic with the brake lights on. And his car would be 17 years old. I ask you! Knackered the front of his car up ha ha. Little damage to the Alhambra but very irritating as it's nearly new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jools

Wife took car for run down to Bradford / Halfax all ddoal carriageway / motorway and the figures are definately improving. As mentioned earlier i was doing a lot of short local runs and car was hardly warming up before it was switched off.

The normal home to work commute is 20 miles virtually all dual carriageway so i am a little more confident about getting 38-40 mpg.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.