SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My car is coming up for renewal soon and I am going to start looking around at what's available.

I currently have a 2003 Leon Cupra which I must say I love to bits and touch wood it has never let me down, it puts a smile on my face every single drive, i just hope I can find a car in my league that will do the same.

I am in a company car scheme which gives me around £350-£370 a month for a car and there are no such rules really apart from any convertibles. Oh and to stick within the price range! I am going to have to move over to a diesel as I can't afford to run my cupra for much longer as I am doing more and more motorway miles and the amount of money I claim back isn't anywhere near what I get back for business use. I have a new house and I am getting wed so needs must and all that!

So far I have looked at the Golf GT which has the performance that I am looking for but I am not overly keen on how it looks and I am fairly keen on the new Leon but I want the body kit that you can get too as I am not a huge fan of how the new car looks. (No Offence to anyone)

I would love to stick with Seat as my current car has been great and Holders is just down the road and the farther in law works there etc.... but I am not sure if I can get the Stylance with the kit in my price banding. I am going to find out over the next week or so I can or not. Does anyone know if you can have the kit on a fr at all?

So then has anyone any other car to consider in that sort of group of cars? It has to be derv and has to have a bit of kick to it, I have never had derv before but I have read great things about the performance etc.

I guess I am the same as everybody else I want it all the looks the preformance and some toys too.

Anyone got any other suggestions as what I could have a look at?

Cheers all
Si:happy8se:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hmmm i guess some other vag cars u could consider would be:

fabia vrs,
ibiza fr tdi,
altea tdi,
vw jetta tdi,
polo sport tdi,

Let us know how u get on if u test drive any:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

I am going to go around some dealers this weekend and have a nose around.

I have a soft spot for the leon so I will take a good look at the fr with maybe the 18's if I can't have the kit.

Cheers
Si

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I test drove a Leon FR with the optional 18's and found the ride very crashy although they do look good!

If you're interested, I think it's still for sale at FRF - '06 plate 4000 miles in metallic silver with bluetooth pack and the 18's. £14995 - it is a petrol though :(

it's quick mind - ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Leigh but I am going to have to get a derv, I am looking forward to getting the 5-600 miles out of the tank instead of 300 if I am lucky!

Is there anyone on here with the Fr derv? How are you finding it?

Cheers
Si

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
You'll have to be trying hard to regularly get that kind of return - I used to be able to squeeze just under 600 miles from my Ibiza if I overfilled the tank and drove it VERY carefully - used to average about 58mpg (64 if you believed the trip comp!). That was based on a 86 mile round trip over mainly fast A roads - ie. pretty much the best driving conditions you can get!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts