SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few quick questions really. Got a 54 plate Ibiza… looking at getting an 07 ibiza stylance… I have two choices, emocion red or the black metallic paint. Now the metallic cost 300quid more… is it worth it. I like to keep my car spotless and can sometimes spend 2 days takin my time detailing it. Will the metallic paint come up better or last longer… what exactly is the point of it? Also… I also have the option of the sport against the stylance… any views on this… which would you choose

G

·
Black is very hard to look after take it from me .. my Ibiza was a show car and black is a nightmare but then so is the red but it doesnt show as much

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Red's the best colour

:eekout:

No, seriously - the black looks stunning when looked after well but is an absolute pig to keep that way - its very suseptable to wash swirls and you have to be very commited to keep it looking tip top.

The red also swirls quite badly but it isn't so immediately obvious as the black in my opinion.

I had the red - loved it -

G

·
You are going to get stone chips whatever colour you are ... you cant see them on red as much as Black as they appear as white dots everywhere on black cars ...

I find red much easier to clean and look after than black buit black is the winner when its done correctly!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
G

·
Black gets a very deep shine depends what products you use as well and you can get wet look or go for deep shine on either colour ....

Get a little bit of water on Black and you can see it does your head in!"

·
Registered
73 Posts
heppell2k;785081 said:
Also… I also have the option of the sport against the stylance… any views on this… which would you choose
Hiya, im not sure if the same still applies to the facelift model to the pre-facelift.

With the pre-face lift model, you got so much more features for not alot of extra money. E.G. Alloy wheels as standard, Slightly higher bhp ( ? ), Differant interior cloth and i beleive differant finishes on the interior plastic?

Personally, i would splash out the extra to get the sport (If my car hadnt come in the night before it did, i was going to put down the deposit on the facelift sport. I looked into the differant features at the time, and the sport seemed a better option, ive just forgotten the extra's)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well thanks for all your advice...ive gone and got a silver one lol... i went to test drive the red sport that i wanted but the silver sport had the luxury pac, side airbags mudflaps n carpet mats for same price, but had done 2500 more...but i cant see any scratchs so makes sense... silvers not going look so good wen i wax it though is it...or is there anything people suggest wud make silver metalic paint look mint

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheres the best place to get caranuba wax from? will that look sodden on a silver finish? I'm actually just about go start cleaning it for the first time... tbh they shouldnt ahve botehred valeting it lol!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'd recommend using synthetic products on silver - caranuba's best for making deep colours look really rich.

The Fiesta above was treated with Jeff's Werkstatt Prime and then Jeff's Acrylic Jet Trigger over the top. Both bought from polished bliss

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.