SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Never posted here but before, I have a '98 1.4 Fresca, but this morning as I was driving out of my yard, i manged to hit the gate pillar and have a few lovely scrapes and dents on my left rear panel :( Needs a bit of bodywork, but im thinking of just getting a whole new respray to cover up some scrapes and chips that were in the car when I bought it! I dont really like the colour it is also, its that greeny blue colour at the min! Im thinking I would like to go for a dark metallic grey instead, any opinions on that would be great!

Also I would like to do a few mods to it, nothing big just silly things like a new gearknob and bits like that, but i dont really know where to look for these things!

Jackie

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
For all little bits like gearknobs just basically search the internet or pop into halfords or something like that but if you need help then I'd chuck a post up asking and someone will help :)

As for the respray...how about platinum like the leons?

http://www.*************/users/pabs/pics/general/thumbs/rhsangle2.jpg

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hi Jackie
You could update your interior by purchasing new or 2nd hand parts from the 97-99 Ibiza GTI/Cupra Sport 16V Models, they came with leather gearknobs, leather sport steering wheels, sports seats, white dials etc which would all fit your ibiza.
Momo do a good range of interior goodies to.
You can get chrome heater controls from http://www.trimsport.co.uk these look good:)
Paul

Unity_Ibiza_Mk2;780998 said:
Also I would like to do a few mods to it, nothing big just silly things like a new gearknob and bits like that, but i dont really know where to look for these things!
Jackie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never though of that colour before truCido, its really nice. Might go for something like that or maybe slightly darker.

Thanks cordy sxman, had been thinking of getting more updated seats as mine are not very nice lol. Have a friend who breaking a toledo and it has half leather sports seats, but im not sure they would fit in my car easily.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
cant go wrong with black ;)
momo do some really nice interior stuff, i have momo gearknob, pedal set and steering wheel and i can say im very pleased with them, next on the list is a momo handbrake handle

·
Registered
340 Posts
without being rude and best interests at heart here..
how much is your ibiza worth, now if u take the cost of rubbing down your old paint, primer and paint/laquer, ur going to be looking at around £1000 for a decent respray from a reputatble place.

i have a GTI mk2 and i wouldnt spend £1000 on getting it resprayed, as its about 1/2 the value of the car.

if you are going with an original mk2 colour, u could look about for another car?
just a suggestion b4 u pour a lot of money into your car - another aspect to look at it from.

good luck, David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts