SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mosser read a fault code off of my engine management system a few weeks back and now the garage has phoned and given me a whole long list of bits that are gunna have to be replaced:eek:

Cam position sensors
Some Chain
some actuator

+ lots of other bits:eek:

It wasnt read on there diag computer but lucily I had mossers print out!

Its all booked in for two days in a couple of weeks so hopefully I should be back on full power then...

G

·
Originally posted by matt1e
Mosser read a fault code off of my engine management system a few weeks back and now the garage has phoned and given me a whole long list of bits that are gunna have to be replaced:eek:

Cam position sensors
Some Chain
some actuator

+ lots of other bits:eek:

It wasnt read on there diag computer but lucily I had mossers print out!

Its all booked in for two days in a couple of weeks so hopefully I should be back on full power then...
Are you sure there is more than one bit there mate?

Sounds like your VVT solinoid, thta has a chain on it and that connect to the cams.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m that sounds more like it...

basically the fault was saying that end point not reached on the VVT...

I assumed replace the sensor and the actuator and they said some other bits!

They want it for two days is it a major job mate?

its gettin slllllloooooooooowwwweer by the day at the mo:(

cheers for the info:)

m

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its goin into Richard Huzzeys in Newbury...

2 Days its in for that and a new horn cos the old one filled up with water and sounded like a strangles duck!

Is there a chance they are doing other stuff??????

This is the fault I read:

1 DTCs Found:
16396 - Cam-Timing Adj. Bank 1: Retard Setpoint Not Reached
35-10 - - - Intermittent

Is it a common fault mate?????

Do they charge you for the courtesy car when u take urs in there? 5 quid or something?

Got any broken A3 head units kickin around at work mate???? Also after a A3 steering wheel with the stereo controls on it?? could do wiv some info on it:D

Cheers

m

G

·
Originally posted by matt1e
Its goin into Richard Huzzeys in Newbury...

2 Days its in for that and a new horn cos the old one filled up with water and sounded like a strangles duck!

Is there a chance they are doing other stuff??????

This is the fault I read:

1 DTCs Found:
16396 - Cam-Timing Adj. Bank 1: Retard Setpoint Not Reached
35-10 - - - Intermittent

Is it a common fault mate?????

Do they charge you for the courtesy car when u take urs in there? 5 quid or something?

Got any broken A3 head units kickin around at work mate???? Also after a A3 steering wheel with the stereo controls on it?? could do wiv some info on it:D

Cheers

m
Yeah, they charge me 5 quid for a cc as well:(

It was a commen fault for a while but ive not seen one for 2-3 months now.

Its unlikly they will do other stuff, unless it doesn't cure the fault, in this case they'll investigate further.

A3 stereo is the same as A4 & A6 and some A8's, do you want one as we have loads of buggerd ones!

As for steering wheels, not to many i fear! what info do you need? CFD any good to ya?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mmm would it explain why I'm low on power??? It just feels sooo slooow....

mmm if you have a couple I'll take um off ya!:) I jut wanna have a look see whats different...:D

sorry mate wots CFD????

Basically I want to know how the remote on the steering wheel talks to the head unit.. I know BMW use some intelligent system but ya renault pug citroen use a simple one...

I want to have a decent steering wheel control for me stereo.. n the audi stuff seems interestin:D

G

·
It could be why your down on power, not normally by much though, the ones ive done werent slower at all, just had a fault permanatly logged in memory.

As for the stereo controls....
Im pretty sure its all processed through the dash panel insert, as it has a display for the radio in there as well as the headunit.
but i can check tomoz in the CFD

CFD = Current flow diagram. Its a map of all the wiring in your car, or a A3 anyway,

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oooh gimmie gimmie gimmie just what I'm after mate... can it be that much different from the leon???:D

Bet I pop round somewhen and you can have a blast down the A30 to see if I'm imagining things:D

u got enuff stuff to have a go at uploadin stuff yet then?

G

·
If you want CFD's than you are gonna have to tel me specific thing you want a diagram for, as they are very big (loads of wires in our cars;!)

I have got some stuff to upload! When are you free next week?

Mate, if you ever need a hand with ya car, if your not sure about anything or just want me to stick 1551 on it gimmie a bell, ill pm ya me no.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cant see why we cant do one evening next week I'll check wiv me boss:D how does thursday sound???

I think I got ur no but if u'd pm it I would appreciate it.. I wont bug u too much promise:D

mm central locking and alarm system would be good along with the stereo controls....

Is it similar to the mk4 golf????

G

·
I can get CFD's for VW and Audi's if nessersary,

I sould think yours would be the same as a MK4 golf(5 door) and a A3 5 door,

I don't think you can get stereo controls on golf steerings wheels tho, may be wrong just never seen one!

Thursday's fine buy me!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
c u thursday then! got a possible venue for a Mechanical meet too:D

I'll phone u in the week to let u know wot time!:)

m

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.