SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yes4lo: Hello all,

I am just about to order my new car and I have a few questions about some of the options that you can have.

I am going for the Leon FR Derv with the 18inch option and ipod connection, I am sure I have read something about the usb connection and this causing issues. Is this correct? I am also looking at getting the Bluetooth pack, what does this actually do? I am going to a dealer next week to have a look and test drive etc.

Just thought I would ask on here first. Are people happy with their Fr's are there anything I should consider?

Many thanks
Simon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Simon

I have an FR TFSi on order, with 18", iPod and Bluetooth options, my mate (who worked for a Seat Dealer) tells me I made the right decision with the options.

From what he said the bargain iPod connection £75ish, provides a docking for the ipod and then allows full control via the steering wheel buttons......

The bluetooth, he said once it had downloaded his phone book, which it did the first 2x he used it, then again you can call anyone who's in the phone book, answer calls etc using the steering buttons, the only thing I didn't work out before commiting was how to dial anything that's not in the phone book (not sure if you can) without touching the phone.

eitherway, both are bargain prices compared to sister cars like the golf and A3.....VW for example charge some £275 and £230 for the phone preparation which requires a deal fit cradle in addition rather than being bluetooth.

Hence both looked good value worthy additions to me.....

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris, I am going to go for both the Bluetooth and he ipod connection. Worth it for £75 really.

How long have you had to wait so far?

Cheers
Si

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Have you test driven with the 18's on? They look great, but i found them unbearably crashy. This was compared to my Ibiza FR - which wasn't exactly a smooth ride!

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I tried the Stylance with sports suspension (basically the same as the FR apparently) and 17" wheels and found that to be a pretty poor ride, I hate to think what the 18's would be like. Thats one of the many things that made me go for the A3, 18's and sports suspension but not at all crashy and handles the road amazingly well by comparisson.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't driven one as yet, I am going on Monday to have a go.

Is the ride worse than my current cupra? I find that pretty harsh to be fair.

I will have a go and see what I think, I hate the FR 17's though so I think I would put up with the ride.

Cheers
Si

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Sport on 17"s - and it's a hard ride, but thought i read that Seat changed the suspension on the FRs (which is pretty much the Sport with differences/improvements/changes!)

iPod connection is good although won't display track names, Bluetooth is great depending on the phone you have. Most work on basic level (answer phone and dial via voice commands, but better if the phone you have is fully compatible and transfers phonebook to the car to allow calls to be made via the steering wheel controls).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, cheers all.

I am going to get the 18's I think they will look better. I will just have to lump the ride!

Thanks all

·
Registered
2 Posts
I now own a MK 2 Leon FR tdi, after owning a Cupra R 225 (chipped to 248).
The new leon handles well, goes well, is good on fuel, looks good, and most of all, costs LESS to run than the Cupra R. The ride is nowhere near as harsh as the Cupra R, plus it has a lot more toys. (mine is standard, apart from 18" alloys and Life Shine on the paintwork-emocion red). I hope this has been helpful. See my posts on tdi sport.com.

guysieb.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
guysieb;786808 said:
I now own a MK 2 Leon FR tdi, after owning a Cupra R 225 (chipped to 248).
The new leon handles well, goes well, is good on fuel, looks good, and most of all, costs LESS to run than the Cupra R. The ride is nowhere near as harsh as the Cupra R, plus it has a lot more toys. (mine is standard, apart from 18" alloys and Life Shine on the paintwork-emocion red). I hope this has been helpful. See my posts on tdi sport.com.

guysieb.
Thanks,

It sounds exactly what I am looking for, my cupra is starting to kill me on fuel so I quick derv which looks nice with lots of toys sounds good to me.

Cheers
Si

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just love my Mk2 FR 170. The ride is as its supposed to be. The handling is superb when driven hard and the 18's look fantastic. I test drove the A3 ''s-tronic'' 170 which was really nice but would of cost me lots more for the bits i've got on my Leon. The A3 was an S Line so it had 18's too, but the ride was almost the same as the Leon and both Leon & A3 were a bit stiffer than the 120d 1 series BMW.

My mind was made up early on testing the Leon though. Also its nice to have a car slightly different from the rest. theres just so many Audis & BMWs around. Go for a sexy Leon!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Moley RUFC;786894 said:
I just love my Mk2 FR 170. The ride is as its supposed to be. The handling is superb when driven hard and the 18's look fantastic. I test drove the A3 ''s-tronic'' 170 which was really nice but would of cost me lots more for the bits i've got on my Leon. The A3 was an S Line so it had 18's too, but the ride was almost the same as the Leon and both Leon & A3 were a bit stiffer than the 120d 1 series BMW.

My mind was made up early on testing the Leon though. Also its nice to have a car slightly different from the rest. theres just so many Audis & BMWs around. Go for a sexy Leon!!!!!!!!!
Thats all good news! Thanks for replying!

Got my test drive this afternoon, i cant wait!

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well Simon how did the Test drive go? I've had my FR now for about 6 weeks now and it just seems to get better. Yes the ride is harsh (harsher than my previous Cupra TDI) and the interior plastics leave a lot to be desired but the engine is such an improvement in terms of driveability.
I had a bit of extra bodykit put on which i think just finishes it off.
it's definitely got the wow factor for me!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello,

The test drive was really good, I only took out a stylance 140 as that was all they had. It was the first derv I have ever driven and I was really really impressed. So much so the order form is now on my desk.

I have gone for the Leon Fr in Silver with Bluetooth and the 18's with the Ipod connection. I can't wait, The fr is obviously more powerful than the stylance but I was really impressed with the power that it had. The Fr will be a surprise I am sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Simon
Glad to hear test drive went ok, a bit naff they couldn't supply a FR TDI for you to try though! Since my last post i have put on a few more miles and opened it up a bit more ....... i'm sure you will not be dissapointed!!! It is one mean machine, all that torque and still returns 45 - 48 mpg! Fantastic.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was a bit pants but I was still impressed with the stylance, so I will be over the moon with the FR. I really can't wait. I will be saving so much cash..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts