SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have just joined the forum, i have a few things to ask regarding the car that i need to get sorted, hopefully i can get all the help need to get the car up to scratch, my car is a 1.4 sport 2001.
1) what engine/gearbox oil/spark plugs
2) condesation in left headlight and fog light
3) jerky when brakeing and a little vibration through pedal, warped front discs?
4) when in 4th i engage/disengage clutch gearstick moves back and forth?
5) are there any haynes manuals or other repair manuals for my car

thats all i can think off at the moment, any help would be much appreciated, thx all TRIG:].

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Hi Trigger, welcome to the forum! ;)

1) Dunno!
2) Normal SEAT I'm afraid - I wouldn't worry about it
3) Yep - sounds like discs could be the cause of your problem
4) Our works Renault Kangoo (new) does this - could just be a quirk of the car
5) http://www.haynes.com

Hope that helps

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm thinking a good semi synthetic 10w40 oil would be a good choice for your engine.
Not sure of the gearbox oil grade, but if it's a manual, Seat don't actually list any specific gear oil changes. They're a filled for life style thing.
Spark plugs, I think are NGK's as standard or Bosch - The guide things in Halfords would give the correct ones.
Number 3 does sound like slightly warped discs to me too.
I might be getting my Seats/VW/Skoda's mixxed up, but does the Arosa/Lupo share parts with Polo and Fabias?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, i was looking around the car last night for more problems and noticed 4 of my high level brake light bulbs are out, how do i get the light out to change them?, also noticed my light on my fob key struggles to come on so pretty difficult to open and shut the car, how do i replace the battery, usually when i have changed a battery on a fob there is a small screw to on the back to get the battery out, but mine has a litttle hole, i dont want to force it open in any way incase i break it, whats the right way of doing this?, sorry for the extra questions, thx all kind regards TRIG;].

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Hello :) I'll try to help out with some of those questions of yours:

1. Engine oil should be specc'd in your Owners manual - usually so long as it conforms to VW 501 its good. Spark plugs, just good quality - I use NGK.

2. Condensation is common, some people chuck one of those Silica gel sachets behind the reflector to get rid of it, but its nothing to worry about. It will clear after the lights have been on on a while.

3. Agreed - sounds like disks. Make sure you get good quality ones, may even be worth going to something like Pagid or other 'performance' brands. It seemed to clear the problem for another owner. Or be like me and ignore it :oops: It went away and I now still use the same disks, but with no juddering.

4. Nothing to worry abuot, it will do it as the power is fed through and let off. If you watch you'll see it do it in other gears too.

5. No Haynes manuals I'm afraid, but here, or ClubLupo, or SC.net are good places to go for advice. One of the Hanyes Polo manuals has some useful basic info too - think its Mk3 or 4.

6. Rear Brake light removal: open the boot lid, you should see a piece of black plastic along the top. Prise it off, and you can get into the back of the light. There may be screws (can't remember), so just undo anything which seems to be holding it on, then use something thin to poke it out.

Hope that halps - sorry for the essay of a post!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx everyone for the promt and helpfull replys, luna i havent got an owners manual im afraid, i think someone said 5w or 10w/30 oil i use, but seat said 10w/40 im confused now. And just the standard ngks then?, i picked up some unipart discs and some unipart pads today, mintex pads in the box they said though. If i do get a haynes polo manual, will it cover most things then, what year will that be from then?, thx kind regards TRIG:].

1 - 10 of 10 Posts