SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Have got a set of 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's on order to be fitted tomorrow :D. Just wondered what other people out there have paid?

Mine will be £373 including everything (tracking too). Unfortunately I couldn't afford to shop around too much, as my current rears are perished, and my fronts are badly worn on the inside edges. Needed to get them sorted before the MOT in a couple of weeks time.

What does it mean when tyres are worn on the inside edges? Both tyres are worn in the same place, and at the same rate, and the car is a dream to drive, hence I had no idea that there was a problem with tracking. Is this just a normal wear pattern on the Ibiza?

Just as an aside, how badly damaged do numberplates have to be before thwy fail the MOT? My front is a little cracked, but not unreadable or leaking water in.

Thanks in advance,
Roger

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
That sounds pretty reasonable to me Roger. I think with a bit of shopping around I managed to find them for £85 a corner - not that I ever got round to fitting any as I sold the car before the tyres needed changing.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
As Leigh says, shopping around £80-£85 for the GSD is possible to find, BlackCircles are always a good first stop as they are often quite competitive, certainly cheaper than KwikFit, National, etc.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got home from having them fitted. The garage did it for £365 in the end. I'm happy with that, as I said the front were bad, they were in fact illegal :O, I'm disgusted with myself for not spotting it.

£85 a corner isn't much lower than I paid, so overall I'm very happy, and in the 10 mile trip home the amount of grip I have is obscene! These tyres surely should come with a license all of their own! Definitely better than the Dunlop fronts I had, and the rears were the Bridgestone Turanza's.

Must give a public recommendation to Bathwick Tyres in Newbury, excellent service and great prices, will be going back!

Cheers for your replies Zippy, Leigh and Alan.

Roger.

P.S. Have decided to keep the car (ref my thread Ditch it or keep it), I love it too much to let it go, and can't really afford an upgrade at the moment as I'm looking to quit work and study for a PGCE full-time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts