SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 1999 Ibiza GTi Cupra sport 8 valve and was wondering if anybody knows the performance figures/kerb weight of it, cant seem to find them anywhere

Cheers

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you on that one, but the boys later on will be able to. Tends to be a bit quiet in here at the weekends...everyone is out playing with their cars!

The boys will be back!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
well done mate u wont be disaponted the 8v gives execellent acceleration but the mpg is still good

115bhp as standard though sounds small amount its actually a very torquey wee motor, the curb wait n stuff i found the other day in an old site will find for ya laterz

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
well let me know how u get on cause i havent started modin yet, i dint want an induction kit so i woz thinkin either kn or a foam panel or a green filter but ill wait an see whatcha think of urs

·
Registered
173 Posts
Boys, i did have a panel filter, but went straight out the next day an bought an induction kit- the noise is completely different.

I didnt think there was any noticeable differance in the panel i'm afraid.

But i love the noise the piperx kit gives though!:D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't want to go the induction kit route solely because of the insurance, have you noticed any performance gains with it , i used to have an almera 1.6 16v sri with a k&n 57i kit and although it sounded excellent im sure it slowed it down

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well when i went for a new insurance quote the chap i was speaking to said the ind kit wasnt a problem- in fact it wasnt one of the things on their list of mods that put up the price?

A phone call to ur company asking what the price hike would be if you fitted it won't cost you much!

Bsides to be honest i cant remember if ive told them about it now!- did i say that?:rolleyes:

Performance, no not really cos it sounds more brutal i think it gives you a false sense of " something " quicker.. who knows i've been meaning to get a rr done but just dont get around to it mayb december :D

Mind you it might not give more acceleration but the look on the buggers faces when you stomp yer foot down :D :D :eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Too answer the question you said earlier about slower, i do actually reckon that i have lost top end speed but considering the bab about at the mo its not such a bad thing!

Am waiting to find out about another induction kit that im keen to try!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Can't say that i know the 0-60 time but what i do know is that whether you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning... sorry got sidetracked, no i know that it was slower than i thought, i though the figures were wrong as well! :(

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The car is capable of good performance but look at the case of the vtr/vts sometimes after tuning the vtr actually goes better and thats the 8v version, but on the point of air filter noise play gt3 with the sound turned up driving a silly modded bushi gto and then turn the sound down and play u'll find that with the sound of the engine it feels silly quick but without it goes sloooow.

Odd anyways the 0-60 in press releases were prob done by in-house drivers so might have been played down to sell more 16v's

I think an induction kit might work with cam and chip and exhaust and then rolled and set up propa, from what ive heard. Im just going to concetrate on savin for my silly light alloys first just got to keep tellin my lass ' Babe their 25% lighter than standard that will give 25% more forward thrust!!!' lol

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
If you can afford it I'd personnaly go for the PiperX Viper kit, that will get that COLD air pumping in.

Also the hurricane induction kit that you can get via SE was initially done for the 20VT but I enquired about the Mk 2 Ibiza's sometime ago and it was being looked into.

V Good reports have been read on both these products the only difference being the PiperX Viper kit costs £250 and the Hurricane £150 !! ;)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yeah but there has been 1 or 2 people that ended up taking their piper x off when rolling roaded as they actually losed power and gained it back with a panel filter.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Originally posted by Wee man
Yeah but there has been 1 or 2 people that ended up taking their piper x off when rolling roaded as they actually losed power and gained it back with a panel filter.
Was that the standard piperX induction kit or the piperX Viper kit ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
i'd go for an induction kit myself.
they give better throttle response, but may cause loss of top end if it changes the air:fuel mixture too much- i say get an exhaust, induction kit and whatever other small engine mods ur doing, i.e; leads and performance spark plugs. then get a tune to make sure the mixture is running right and you'll be laughing. and of course- the incredible roar of the kit.
sometimes on rollling roads they give less power because of,
a- if they dont have wind machine pumping cold air in,
b- they're not running a cold air feed, or
c-the cold feed is getting warm as it's near the block and getting warm, because remember- induction kits only perform with cold air.
just my two cents worth- laugh in my face if u wish.:a

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
but i wouldnt bother with performance leads as they could be worse than oem and they wont be better, ive seen to much proof, a friends car a honda vti with a b16a, on the rolling road with oem no probs put the performance leads on and around the 4500rpm where the vtec changes cam and exhaust valve it dumped big time changed for different leads same thing back to oem no probs there was a forum just on rice car mods that didnt work and this was the topone.

Im just to pesamistic (cant spell)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.