SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if anybody has had this but I am getting a noise when the wheels are turning and it sounds like a stone in the tyre but I have checked and there is nothing and its doing my head in?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Check to see if there is a stone stuck anywhere round the brake disc and caliper.

I once got a stone stuck in there and it made a right squeaking/grinding noise.. was really annoying, but the roads round here are so bloody bumpy that it was soon bounced loose and the noise when away.. :D

Could be that.. ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does it sound like a tank track or squeaky spring and get faster/slower with speed?

I had a front nearside wheel bearing replaced under warranty with those symptoms - problem solved.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it does get faster and slower with speed..... Many thanks I think that I will get that cheked out!

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
:wow: :wow:

Christ! How did you manage that!?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Is that ur wheel Tom or Si's?

They look like Falkens?! Am i right? Falkens have a tendency to rip like that! My cousin had Falkens on his Calibra and they ripped right down the centre! He now has Brigdestone Potenza :p:

Looks good though Tom!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
certainly not my car ;) I don't think they were falkens mate either.

Maybe this'll shed sum light lol

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
getting back to the main problem. i had the same problem took it to seat. when we test drove it so the service guy could hear the noise of course it didn't make it. anyway to make a long story short, have them check the main bolt, the one behind the tire. this lug was loose on my car. service guy laughed and said good thing we tightened it or else i would have lost the wheel.

Pedro has struck again!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.