SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just been looking at Nomad Pillar Pods for the leon mk1, wanted some info of anyone who has fitted the single or twin pods. Bought an RGM one and sold it as it was a crap fit. If im gonna pay £44(single) or £48(twin) im hoping that they will be pretty good quality.
Right
1. Whats the fit like? Heard that cos there is no clips(velcro) the pod moves
2. Does having the twin Gauge holder effect the view (e.g. pulling out of junctions)
3. Anyone have a different Gauge holder to recommend (e.g. dash mounted one)

Anyone who replies is officially a leg-end. ;) Cheers all

P.S anyone know of some cupra R front spots for me, pretty please?

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
I have had the single and twin in my car (twin at the moment).

Its a doddle to fit. Just pull the old one off, use the velcro supplied to fit the new one. The velcro is not that good at sticking to the nomad pillar so I used a bit of glue to help it along. Mine has never fallen off.

As far as visibility, no probs there.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
I have a boost gauge and oil temp

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I've got one on my ibiza and its really good (apart from I have 2 holes where the plastic bits should sit to cover the screws as my old ones wont fit).

Was easy to fit and is the same colour as the existing interior, there were some complaints about the earlier ones but this has all been sorted and the new ones being made are fine :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the double pod and to be honest the moulds are totally pants. I was so disapointed when i seen how bad the moulds were but don't let this put you off cause i went out my road and sorted this issue for a small extra £££.

The pillar itself is great, just like the original pillar. (Think it prob is the same pillar)

As far as the moulds go it's a huge let down.

I took my pillar to the local car painter and asked him if he could do anything with these moulds and he was also disdgusted at how bad the moulds were.

He took them off me and we discussed what we would do and agreed to have the moulds smoothed out, primed and painted to match the body colour of the car.

This was a bit of a step for me cause i had no intension of painting them but thought i would give it a chance.

I will need to post photos of the finished article cause i must say they now look the mutt's nut's.

Got an oil temp and boost gauge fitted.

Point to this,

Order one but get it sorted before you fit it.

Oh, and as far as the velcro goes don't use it. Do a bit of problem solving and you will come up with a much better solution for fittment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Really,

Do i didn't complain to them cause the guy even warned me that the finish on them wasn't great and that there was no easy way of fitting it to the car so it came with velcro.

Don't know why i decided to buy it really. lol

The finish really was bad tho honestly i couldn't even start to explain how bad it was. I just wish i had taken photos of it to show you but like i say i got it sorted and in the end i'm happy it came with a bad finish cause then i wouldn't have got it painted and it really dose look good.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Mine is good as well... and its up with velcro with no probs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Crap,

Maybe i'm a bit of a perfectionist but when i heard it came with Velcro to stick it on i automaticly thought of a burberry painted rover metro.

Cheese.

It maybe dose work well i never even tried it but i just didn't like the idea and was annoyed that someone would go to the effort of making these without giving it any thought as to how people are going to stick them on to there cars so he decided to supply a strip of velcro.

Just can't imagine that nice felt lines snug fit as the oem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well ive got a twin pod on the way so il let u know what i think of it when it comes. Thinking about it, it should have been here a few days ago. Think i need to get on the blower to find out where it is. Also just recieved 2 new swoosh gauges and must say they look the muts nuts. il get a pic sorted when they are wired up proper. Cheers for all the info though folks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi all, had the twin pod on saturday morn from nomad and was all fitted and working in 1 1/2 (with a helpful glance at the fitting guide on here, many thanks). Finish is not bad (not spot on though) and can see why some people are a bit iffy about it, but im happy with it fitted as any little imperfections arent noticable. Now, the swoosh gauges i bought to go in the pod (boost PSI and Volt) are a spot on. Lit up they are black, white and red and look lovely in the car (no dodgy half lit up rubbish). When off they are smoked so appear black They have a little peak on them which stops glare in the sun and really easy to wire up. Definately a big thumbs up from me. sorry only got a pic in the dark at the mo. over all very happy boy
ps the pod now comes with a single screw fitting now (instead of velcro) which needs a hole drilled in one of the existing plastic clips (very easy). Prob is that the screw then sticks out a bit and so needs to be flushed and covered for it to look its best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts