SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my 2000 X Leon in for service at a main dealship.

They called to say that the cars alarm sounds all the time, when they use they non-remote key I left with them.

Now I always leave that key when the car is serviced and have never had a problem before, so what could be the cause of that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
The cause is probably some muppet who doesn't need to use a non-remote key ;) He should just be able to put it in the ignition with 15 secs of opening the car and turn it on so that the alarm doesn't activate. I wouldn't mind betting it's 'user error' rather than anything else.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yup, just the car doing it's job :)

If you use a normal key to open the doors you have 10-15 secs (i thought it was 10 - but never timed it!!) to put the key in the ignition and turn it, dont have to start the car though.

If thats the quality of a main dealer i'd be looking for somone a bit better....

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tried it. As soon as the door is unlocked & opened with the non-remote key, the alarm goes off. No 10 second allowance here. Something else for Seat to fix.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Further to this, main dealer couldn't repair the key. Only suggestion was to purchase a second remote key @ £100 + labour. Is this the only option? Can they really not reset the spare key?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts