SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading all the car magazines they state that the Leon Cupra does 0-60 in 7.7 seconds. Do you think that this involves a third gearchange as I stuggle to get 58 out of 2nd and thats after a 210 conversion. My old astra GSi I could get 72 out of second but then again it was a 16v and had a 5 speed box.

Does anybody think that a 5 speed box would make it quicker?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
6 speed box definately holds the car back on the 0-60 runs. The extra 30bhp as standard should make up most of the extra weight it's carrying so it has to be the gearbox. You need to change into third I think to keep the engine in it's power band as you've lost all the power well before you get near 60. At one track day I don't remember anyone matching the official figures never mind going under them. :(

Pete

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
in mag reviews(test drives), they were getting 0-60 in 7.3/7.4 sec

some mags do a review, but dont test performance figs themselfs, just take seat's figs

6 speed box definately holds the car back on the 0-60 runs
agree there mate, but the 6 box , gives lower ratio's, which gives more power at the wheels, so good in-gear accreation times

dave

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Oh I'm not complaining about the 6 speed box, it suits me better not being one of these boy racing hooligans... heheheh

Actually I find the leon quite difficult to thrash about as you can with an Ibiza, but I'm sure I imagine most of it because it's sooo much more refined. Makes a nice cruiser... ;)

I'll get me slippers...

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Iceman, not quite ready for slippers, prefer my sparco boots!
I know what u mean though about getting mennased by boy racers, this little revving Kevin tried out dragging me in his little 205 1.6 GTi **** pot. It was a case of Bye Bye, you should have seen him frown:D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get 64-66mph out of my standard Leon Cupra in 2nd gear!?
Seems strange you can't get above 58mph given you have a 210 conversion.

Hanging out to get 60 in 2nd isn't necessarily the quickest way though. You may find it quicker to make the change to 3rd and keep the car in its torque and power bands.

Phill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's 100% repeatable. I was getting that at Alconbury last year on the 1/4 mile, which was slightly up hill. Repeated too on the runway straight at Bruntingthorpe. She bounces off the limiter at 66mph.

Phill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, 66mph definitely possible. Repeatedly did it last Thursday at Curborough sprint course; a circuit requiring mainly 2nd with a bit of 3rd thrown in too. Bouncing off the limiter all day :rolleyes: :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep I now agree with you. Went out during the day and hit 64 mph in second gear at about 7200rpm. The power had well gone by then but just wanted to try it!:p

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thought it was about time I posted again. On Dyno runs I hit rev-limiter at 58 MPH - thats not 100% of the time though. Sometimes less.

I thought all leons would have the same set-up having extra HP would not increase the amound of speed you can get from the engine. Its the gearing that changes how much speed you can achieve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
60 can be done in second but the power has gone by then, did it twice and probably wont again do it again because you really have to redline it.:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AP 20VT what petrol are you using?? I would 100% recommend Shell Optimax which has 98 octane fuel. Try with a full tank and you will notice the difference in the pull bigtime. I wont put anything else in now even thought its a 12 minute drive to get some!

Its also recommended by Seat on the fuel cap.;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought some millers addative at the weekend. Even thought it was quite warm I still noticed a difference in the pull of the car, mainly between 4000-6000rpm. Cant wait until its cold!!!!:D :D :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.