SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving my Beeza yesterday when it started to misfire and I lost power and had to limp home. I was only at the edge of my estate so didn't have to go too far. But by the time I got home, I could smell burning - guess it was the fuel in the catalyst?

Anyway, got the AA out and it turned out to be one of the coils had stopped producing a spark. The car is being towed to Seat MK today but I'm worried that I could have done some other damage (judging by the burning smell). Is this likely?

·
Registered
502 Posts
This coil failure prob.....have heard this quite a few times now...

someone said in the past usually its the no.3 cylinder one that goes...

I mean, surely this is a design flaw right (and not just on SEATs, remember steve saying this happens on Audi's too)..

You got the AYP motor by any chance dave?

I bet this problen has never happend on an AQX motor!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Dave, long time no see on the other site or around Northampton, perhaps because your car is broke!

Hope MK Seat can get it fixed soon, was up there on Saturday looking for my new car, seem like a good bunch of lads!

If you are thinking of becoming a member of the club, could you drop me a line with a few details about yourself and the car so I can put them into a database for local meets, etc?

Name:
Make: (SEAT)
Model: (Ibiza Cupra 20vT)
Year of car manufacture:
Colour: (Ovni)
Reg: (A1 20VT)
Best email to contact you on:

Cheers!

Tom

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all,

Yeah, my engine is the AYP one, it was coil number 4 which broke (the one on the right underneath the turbo pipe thingy). The AA man had a look at it but couldn't see what was wrong with it, just that it wasn't producing a spark. He said the problem must be inside it.

MK Seat have fixed it now, so I'll pick it up later - Thank God I can take this ****e Punto back that was provided as a courtesy car!

ToXXin, I'll have to fill out the details and send 'em off to you...I'll try to do it later...

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Glad to hear the boys up MK Seat fixed it! Will be up there on Thursday possibly putting a deposit on a 1.4 Sport!

Cheers!

Tom

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, they fixed it but I got the car back and it turns out that when the AA came and picked up my car to take to MK Seat, when they loaded the car on their lorry they s****ed the front bumber on the road and took off half the paint and left half the road lodged in the bottom of the bumper.:swear: :swear:

And then, to top it off I got hit up the **** this morning on the M25 (the car, not me personally). :swear: :swear:

This car's a bloody jinx.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This swearword parser thing is terrible. I can't even say the word s****e (as in something you would use to get wallpaper off a wall without the 'r' on the end...) but I can say **** in the same sentence and that's okay.:moony:

·
Registered
555 Posts
If only it wos a leon I might have been able to sell you a bumper:D bad luck though mate:( hope it all gets sorted and spangled... are the AA gunna pay???

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They'd better pay. I called them and they said to get an estimate and send it to them with a description of what happened. Problem was, I wasn't there when they did it but it's obvious what's happened.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Sorry to hear of your nightmares Dave, there must be some curse involving 20vT Ibizas!

My mum went and hit a curb at work when going into a space, s****ed all the paint off, so I've had to touch it up which looks really bad but there's no other reasonable alternative. It also likes to be hit by doors of other cars!

This is a car with under 2000 miles on it!

I hope my one has more luck!

Tom

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, found that it needs a whole new front bumper as they've bent the corners of it, pulled it away from the wings, and took half the paint of it and gouged it in the road.

I thought the AA were supposed to fix your car, not wreck it!

If any of you need to get the AA to put your car on the back of their lorry, make sure you are there and watching. I've gotta convince them to pay up now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.