SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!

i have had a quick search but didn't come up with any thing,

can any one tell me the engine oil capacity for the ASV TDI engine?

and what good quality oild have you guys used?

cheers :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
About 4 litres mate...

Put it this way, I always buy a 5 litre tub and always have about a litre left for top ups !!

I use VW oil which I get from my SEAT dealer..

While on the subject of oil changes, get yourself a Pela 6000 oil pump thingy, worth its weight in gold. No more struggling under the car trying to remove big plastic sump covery thing. Also gets every last drop of oil out of the oil filter housing. Marvelous..

Have a look at:
http://pics2.tdiclub.com/video/cincitdi/oilextraction.html

Ta.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just had a mega DOH! moment (does help if i read the correct page in my hand book) it tells me in there *bangs head*

lol yeah thats what we use down the garage, great bit of kit no mess no hassle with covers.

Andy C how many miles had you covered to get that MPG on your pic??

·
Registered
338 Posts
ToledoTDI;780472 said:
Andy C how many miles had you covered to get that MPG on your pic??
I commute 50 miles to work and 50 miles miles back again, mostly on the motorway.

When I took that picture I had just arived at work after driving up the motorway mainly on cruise control. I can't seem to get anywhere near those figures when driving it manually though..

I easily get 600 miles a tank, and the the trip computer thingy seems to average 56-58 mpg for the week.

Top machine the old Tolly TDi, I love it !!

·
Registered
338 Posts
AndyP;780454 said:
lol that oil pump thing is quality
Thats what I thought..

I managed to pick one off Ebay, paid about £20 quid.

I have done 4 oil changes on the car so far, 3 by taking the sump cover off, and 1 by using the Pela pump. I know which I prefer !

The pump is superb, real easy to use, you can change the oil in your best suit..

Worth ebery penny that I spent on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i travel 25 miles to work and driving it manually i managed to get the same as what your pic is showing, but if i drive with cruise control i cant get any where near it, mid 50s, the journey is 5 miles A roads then Dual carriage way with about 5 roundabouts on it, still managed 600 miles as well, so much better consumption than my old golf :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts