SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am NOT a happy chap.. !!

While on holiday from work, I am busy writing some essays for my MSc coursework... I find I need to go into the office.. I drive to the office to collect the books I need...
While driving back from the office down the A63..

Big green wastewise lorry in the inside lane and a flat back articulated lorry trying to race him in the outside lane..

I am behind another car (saxo)... all of a sudden.. I see a lump of hard matter the size of half a house brick flying towards me from thr back of the wastewise lorry.... *BANG*.. !!! checked the screen and it seemed to be ok, with a bit of scratching half way up it, but no cracks..

I get home... and....

I find a dent the size of half a house brick in the middle of my bonnet with all the paint taken off too.... lovely.. !!

I really could swear :swear: (well in fact I have a lot while stamping round the house).. !!

I still have the £500 worth of damage to the rear quarter panel to pay for and get fixed.. and now looks like a new bonnet and re-spray... I HATE CARS... I HATE DRIVING.. I HATE BRICKS.. and I HATE LORRIES... !!!!

I want to cry... :( me and luck really are a huge distance apart.. !!

Prices of new bonnets and re-sprays would be appreciated.. or if anyone knows how much it might be to dent master it out and re-spray.. then also let me know..

Ta

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
me either

I know how you feel, repairs not due to any fault of your own are always a HUGE pain in the rear end, but some turn out for the best as you can see from the way my car looks now

I just hope you can get it sorted soon mate

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye.. thanks for the support.. proper bummer..

I might just get a hole cut out of the bonnet where the crater is and have one matching on the other side and get two big phat nova boy style bonnet vents in there.. !!! lol :D

It is actually directly above where the air box is.. so could be idea for sticking an induction kit and cold air fee in there with a bonnet vent.. lol MUPPET ALERT.. !!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
you do know you can compensation for this?
you got the company name didnt you- there is no way in hell if it's transporting waste anything should be able to come out.
report to police, ring the company- sort something out, thats like guaranteed pay out!!!:D

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Their line was

'it was an object that was flicked up by the wheels of the lorry from the road surface, and thereby an accident'

I can't argue, as I didn't see it fall from the back of the lorry, I just saw it flying towards me from the rear end of the lorry... could have come out of thr back? could have come from under the tralier unit, could have come from under the wheels... they hold the plausable deniability card on this one it seems.. their word against mine.. police aren't interested as no one was hurt, the haulage firm don't want to know and it leaves me either paying the bill, claiming insurance or paying for a solicitor for a case that will not stand up in court due to lack of evidence.. and costing me a fortune..

So looks like just sh*tty luck to me.. as usual.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"lump of hard matter the sized of a half house brick".. I quote from myself..

It was a large rock of some sort.. rubble.. about the size of a half house brick.. culd have come from the side of the road..

I am writing to the council to complain to them that the roads are inadequately swept and there are many large dagerous objects in the road that have fallen off lorries, and so gonna see what they say..

don't expect to get any compensation out of the council.. but at least they might clear the road so it doesn't happen to me again once I get the bonnet fixed.. !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.