SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So then, I need to get hold of Part Numbers and estimated Prices for the parts.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Car is a 2001 (Y-reg) Ibiza Cupra (mk3) with AYP engine code.

Parts:

Chrome Driver's side Door Trigger (internal handle to open the door)
MAF Sensor (just really needs cleaning I think, but replacing might be worthwhile)
External Temperature Sensor (underside of door mirror)
Coolant Temperature Sensor

If anyone could also give me a rough idea of how long it would take to fit all those parts, it would help suggest how much a 'Garage' may charge to do the work. With those parts replaced the car will be in tip-top pristine condition and then hopefully at some point this summer it will be sold/traded-in.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Scoobster;781946 said:
So then, I need to get hold of Part Numbers and estimated Prices for the parts.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Car is a 2001 (Y-reg) Ibiza Cupra (mk3) with AYP engine code.

Parts:

Chrome Driver's side Door Trigger (internal handle to open the door)
MAF Sensor (just really needs cleaning I think, but replacing might be worthwhile)
External Temperature Sensor (underside of door mirror)
Coolant Temperature Sensor

If anyone could also give me a rough idea of how long it would take to fit all those parts, it would help suggest how much a 'Garage' may charge to do the work. With those parts replaced the car will be in tip-top pristine condition and then hopefully at some point this summer it will be sold/traded-in.

Cheers in advance.
dunno about door handle but maf clean with isopropyl alcohol (can be brought from maplins )DO NOT CLEAN WITH ANYTHING ELSE... external temp sensor around £15 coolant temp sensor around £18 from stealers all in all takes around a couple of hours to do all

·
Registered
104 Posts
MAF = 06A906461D
External Temp Sensor = 6K0 919 379

not too sure on part number of other bits but should get ALL stuff done within a hour no probs, i wouldnt even bother going to garage, do it yourself..........

What car you replacing it with?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for info...

I may well take some IPA home from work then and try clean the MAF, just got to work out how to remove the damn thing.

If cleaning the MAF seems to work, I'll not bother replacing it. Will get the other temp sensors and either place them myself or get done when the car is serviced in the coming month.

I'm currently getting divorced, so could well be changing the car for a bike if my soon-to-be-ex-wife gets her way... !! heheh
The two favourite options at the moment are:

BMW 530d
Subaru Impreza STi

Very different 'style' of course, I haven't made my mind up yet which way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.