SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was wondering is it possible to touch-up alloy wheels with a normal paint stick?

One of my 98 Cordoba SX rear alloys has had paint bubbling problems for a while and is now beginning to chip.

I've been told that paint won't stick in this way, and that the wheel would have to be completely resprayed...is this true?

Many thanks

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
The alloys on the Cordoba SX are well known to peel and flake, its a common fault on them unfortunately. Poor Laquer is the main reason.

Its probably the laquer which is going on yours, so painting on top would only be a temporary measure.

As far as im aware there isnt much you can do once the laquer starts going, alot of people just get the wheels refurbed/powder coated when the laquer gets really bad.

Make sure you clean your wheels often, this will make them last longer. But don't use wonder wheels!

When i broght my Cordy SX from a dealer it was 3 years old and only done 20k and the alloys/laquer had already started to go, luckily the dealer put new alloys on for me, but mine are also starting to go aswell now :(

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts