SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car in the workshop and my caliper's are going pink!

Anyone else got this?:wound:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
nope not yet but i have seen a few other's where the paint is fading.

u'll have 4 pots on the front soon so no need 2 worry there ;) if it's the backs repaint em i suppose :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be my guest and go around with Pink Calipers, not for me tho? Is there something that you want to tell us GillM?:kiss:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine are going pink too, dont use any chemicals so it must be good old fashioned crud paint, damn SEAT bandits :burg:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Paint em black or silver, alot more cleaner and subtle, IMO red callipers are not to my personal taste, unless they are brembos(hope I aint offended anyone here)

Pink callipers, perhaps t-cut might do the trick?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunatley the "max muppet" caliper's come as standard on the Cupra,

So i guess there's a a couple of hundred of offended people on here now:eek:

Iwas refering to the general "cheap feel of the paintwork on SEAT's.

·
Registered
827 Posts
MAX MUPPET statement withdrawn apologies to those offended.

As for general paint quality with late SEATs, I am fortunet to own one that has is paint firmly stuck to the panels, not good when I get my next new SEAT:(

Perhaps they going pink becuase of the heat and or redpaint can sometimes fade?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by F2 Big Stu
MAX MUPPET statement withdrawn apologies to those offended.

As for general paint quality with late SEATs, I am fortunet to own one that has is paint firmly stuck to the panels, not good when I get my next new SEAT:(

Perhaps they going pink becuase of the heat and or redpaint can sometimes fade?
I think its just like the bodywork on the car, if you don't polish it it fades.

Especially red:confused:

·
Registered
827 Posts
My Grandad, used to say to me when we bought or red skoda that cars made around 1940's onwards that was painted red used to fade real bad especially the neglected ones, summat to do with the fomulation of the paint and sunlight. dunno what they did to solve it, perhaps its the clear coat put ontocars nowadays

Then again one of me dads m8's has got a k-reg passat in red and that faded real bad.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I sprayed my calipers (& Drums :( ) silver with some normal spray paint, its stayed on soo far!

My brother inlaw sprayed his calipers the same colour as his car Velvet Green, he bought some touch up spray and did them!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think that I may go the same colour as my car BLACK then you wont see as much dirt!

When we have the pads off today the other side of the caliper is beaming bright red and the the other side is PINK!

Its no good!

Anyway I need to get rid of those "Max Muppet" Standard Red Calipers lol!

·
Registered
827 Posts
silver or gold would look a treat with a black car

tin of hammerite and whip the wheel off and ur sorted:)

what about green? Skoda Octavia RS's have green calipers:g

·
Registered
827 Posts
Originally posted by CarreraGT
I sprayed my calipers (& Drums :( ) silver with some normal spray paint, its stayed on soo far!
I have discs at the back!:p :g

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Mine are 'pinking' too... just naff paint I guess..

When I put my new pads on I gave them a clean and had to be really careful when brushing the dust off as I didn't want to remove the paint.. might have to give them a repaint at some point.. probably next time I put on pads or discs..

Gonna stick with red though.. as I think it matches the red interior and red dash lights.. against the black of the rest of the car.. !!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.