SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

Like the wheels?!

• YES! Go out and buy them NOW!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • YES BUT I reckon they should be bigger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hmmmm, not sure

• Hmmmm, maybe a set of cross spokes (BBS style) would be better?!

• Hmmmm, not sure...what about a set of them polished TT 5 spokes instead?

• Nah man they suck! Your 14" wheelcovers are more stylish!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok abpve is a pic (a dodgy one if that) of CupraSi's beefa on Porsche Cup 3s...this is what I am wanting to do to mine when I get it!

A couple of questions to go with it:

1) Do you reckon I could get them in 4 stud? If not dya think I should go for adaptors or go a bit nuts and get some hubs off summat like a VR6?

2) What size do you reckon? I can only seem to see 17s anyway but dya think they should be bigger than the pic? (they are sized to 17s!)

Thanks for voting!

Tom

PS... thanx Si for the UNCOPYRIGHTED pic, must appreciated!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
You're in luck mate, before I got the Leon I was looking at doing this very thing to my Cordoba.. It's easier than you think.

Awesome GTI in Warrington can get almost new ( real ) porsche turbo alloys. Now what you need is four BACK wheels. The offseta are different for the fornt and back on Porsches.

Then you get yourself some spacers to get the right offset which convert 4 stud hubs to 5 stud wheels. Then they should fit.

Contact Awesome GTI about it and they'll stear you in the right direction..

Pete

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hmmmm, not my cup of tea, suits a mk3 golf more than the Ibiza IMHO, think it will go a bit pete tong (no pun intended)

but thats only my opinion;)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Humm as a Porsche Enthusiast as well as a SEAT one, i think umm, its deffinetly differen't but u'll run the risk! Its very much on the line and can go for Unique to Novaboy!

Dispite that i saw a ugly XR3i with them on earlier in the week and i wanted to drag his out of the car and beat him HARD! They dont do the wheels justice u see, and thats the risk u will be running!

How about a nice set of Cup Rader alloys?

O by the way the wheels on my car are also featured on some Porsches, as i've seen them first hand my self! But they aren't standard Porsche alloys, they are kinda aftermarket ones through Porsche IF u get me :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Originally posted by CarreraGT
Humm as a Porsche Enthusiast as well as a SEAT one, i think umm, its deffinetly differen't but u'll run the risk! Its very much on the line and can go for Unique to Novaboy!

Dispite that i saw a ugly XR3i with them on earlier in the week and i wanted to drag his out of the car and beat him HARD! They dont do the wheels justice u see, and thats the risk u will be running!

How about a nice set of Cup Rader alloys?

O by the way the wheels on my car are also featured on some Porsches, as i've seen them first hand my self! But they aren't standard Porsche alloys, they are kinda aftermarket ones through Porsche IF u get me :D
Well, you cant beat the real mckoy:D this was taken in the Porsche dealership next to the factory in Stuttgart. factory tour was nice as well

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input, it's good to know of these things before you go out and spend a good £1000 plus!

CarerraGT, you have well and truly confused me now with the thing about I could be considered a Novaboy...I was hoping to have a bit of originality and class in there but as you've mentioned, it could all go horribly wrong and that's summat that I haven't thought of!

Keep the opinions and votes coming in!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Ok so not quite novaboy, but people could think otherwise about what u've done!

I agree its a god idea and not many people have done it but i deffinetly dont have the testicliar area to do that! Well not with my car anyways!

G

·
Are you sure 4 "rear" wheels mate?

My old mans carrera has those wheels and there about 10 inch's wide! (285/30/18)

Toxxin,

I think if you get the wheels you should also get the brakes!

mmmmnn System porsche anyone?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Yeah i was gonna mention that come to think of it! The rear wheels r gonna be WIDE!!!!!!!!! U sure he didn't mean both front wheels not rear?

My unlce used to have a few Porsches' in his time but then he had a baby, and sold it, now he's got an X5 and he's expecting another baby too, and he's thinking of getting a second car :D PORSCHE TURBO GO ON U KNOW U WANT TO :D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
They were boxster wheels I was going for, they aren't as wide. But you'd definately need rear wheels off that cause of the offset.

Like I say call awesome and they'll give you the full details.

Pete

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Steve
I think if you get the wheels you should also get the brakes!

mmmmnn System porsche anyone? [/B]
You know my slogan for it now!!!

I was also thinking along the lines of brakes, but no way porsche items, they would be way too hard to get hold of, expensive and trciky to fit...I was thinking along the lines of 5 stud VR6 hubs, calipers and carriers if I cannot get hold of 4 stud wheels.

I wasnt going to buy genuine items, I would be going for replicas...I'm not nuts enough to pay £1000 a wheel or something!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Getting and fitting the brakes are the easy parts, paying for them is the hard part ;)
Think how much the adapters weigh.... you'll need extra power straight away! And no I'm not joking much....
Replicas should fit without adapters, which seems to be the better option, the only time we 100% recommend spacers to our customers is with AP Racing 4 or 6 pots on the Impreza with 18"s for tarmac ~ you either space them or they don't turn.... :D

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very true Erik...thats why I wanted replicas anyway...bolt on, less hassle!

Was it Dan Barnes (from Club Polo) that bought your scrap Polo GT or did he buy someone elses? I seem to remember him wanting yours.

Tom

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes Dan bought our long dead Polo GT. It was a "break only" car which meant we couldn't rally prepare it so Dan was able to buy all the bits.
I was pi$$ed off when the joyriders hit us, even more so when they got out with cans of beer in their hands and cheered.... :(

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what BLEEPS!

I am a big fan of Polos, had 2 MK3s and 1 MK2 in the past 9 months and it's always sad to see one go, whether it's a 1.0 MK2 Squareback or a G40. I so badly wanted a GT but then decided against it due to never finding a good enough example.

Did you find another GT to prepare or are you starting another rally project?

·
Registered
637 Posts
We're not too sure what rally project we'll do as we're winning our class on almost every occasion in a 1600 205 {sorry to swear on the forum ;)}. Something strange seems more than likely, especially as they generally get discussed in a pub with a beer...... :D
Not too conviced that a Polo would be the right move really ~ especially not in the forests.... ~but we'll see later in the year (probably around the Munich Beer Fest) what gets decided.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts