SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right im currently selling my Leon and looking at getting a 2002 Seat Ibiza S 1.9tdi S (think its the PD100)

its got 70000 miles on it, not too high for its age really being a diesel. it should have had its major service done i think, obviously ill inspect all this when i get to go see it and the service history.

Just wondered is there anything I should be wary about concerning the Ibiza? I've checked write up's on WhatCar? (not always useful but gave me an insight) and it seem's to be fine so any advice at all would be grand!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The S is a 1.4 PD.

The SE was the 1.9 PD100

The Sport was 1.9 PD130

When the models changed around (2004 ish) it changed a bit....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is why i needed to post!

well, Ive kinda got the car detail's, not sure because this one says its got ABS and I dont think the S's came with ABS, its only 2002

2002 SEAT IBIZA 1.9TDi S 3dr Diesel Hatchback

Mileage 70,000 miles
Manual
Metallic Grey Diesel 1.9TDI S 3 Door Hatchback 02 reg (2002)
Tax to 30/06/07 & Tested.
Feature's : ABS, PS, E/W, Single CD/Radio, Air Con, Folding rear seats, Body coloured bumpers etc

Am i perhap's missing something?? or is this a bad sale?

·
Registered
333 Posts
2002 was the year of the change from Mk3 to Mk4, which one is it?

The Mk4 came in a 1.9TDi PD100 with S and SE trim level, the Sport had the PD130 so it's perfectly feasible that the car is a good buy. Don't worry so much about it.

Check all the electric windows work, and that the brake lights work ok. Cambelt change is due at 5 years or 60,000 miles so that should have been done, but the major services are at 4 years / 40,000 miles so I'd be prepared for a bill to come at 80,000 miles.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
mate everyone is gonna hate me but i miss my leon to bits the handling of the leon is in my eyes loads better miss the leon for chucking into corners and the size in the interior, i went from a 1.8se leon to a 1.8t ibiza so i should feel like ive had an upgrade (i wrote the leon off btw)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know what you mean, I am expecting the Ibiza to be smaller obviously, but sadfully I cant pick up a Leon TDI cheap enough so had to drop. I want a VAG diesel, TDI1.9 engine is strong as anything and better than most other diesel engines from Pug/Renault/Ford etc If i could swap my Leon for a Leon TDI i would instantly, but sometimes need's must and i know that with a few tweek's to suspension, brushes etc, maybe can improve handling a bit!

Sorry for mumbling on there...so do we know if the car i looked at could be a PD100 S engine?? How would I know if i go see the car, will it say anywhere on the engine?

·
Registered
333 Posts
The car you looked at could very well be a PD100 Paul, the most obvious giveaway is by looking at the TDi badge on the boot. A 100PD is Silver T Silver D and Red i.

The engine itself doesn't have a plate detailing its power that I know of, but it will have the same TDi badge as the boot,in the same colour configuration.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the head's up! Im not really up on Ibiza's being a Leon owner so! Might not be for much longer depending if i can sell mine which im having a bit bother about, only shame about modding a car, you always end up aiming at a select market for sale

·
Registered
333 Posts
Could you remove the mods and sell the components on Ebay or something? Might take the price down (I don't know what you have), but it will appeal to a wider market.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
to be honest i jsut need a diesel lol Leon diesel's are very rare to pick up for my pricerange up here in the north without having high mileage even for the TDI engine as a whole. 129K on a Leon for £4150...is that reasonable??? I want to stay with Seat and this lovely little Seat Ibiza would suit me down to the ground, also looked at VW golf's Mk4 GT TDI's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts