SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can advise?
I'd like to get a new system for the Ibiza Cupra R, and a mate of mine works for Drivers in Glasgow. They've just got the kit to make custom powerflow exhausts in.

My mate's Fiesta has one on it with a 4" pipe - not too loud, but loud when getting booted, and very subtle - doesn't look like 4". Looks quite smart actually.

The question is this: Will I lose any power with this kind of system? (Obviously I don't want to lose any at all).

Cheers in advance...

·
Registered
220 Posts
the rear pipe may be 4" but im sure the main piping isnt much bigger than standard and it rns from the cat back so the resistance would still be there from the cat, so in that case none, if you were to get the cat taken of and all done by them then i dunno, depends it could help a touch or it could make no difference at all!

·
Registered
502 Posts
One mechanic at me dealers has fitted a system just like you say...the exit is a slash cut 4-4.5" affair....looks very similar to Kap styles from Blitz/HKS etc....

std piping is probably 2-2.5" though..which is ok

He likes it...I've taken a couple of piccies...but not available until after trax when i finish the film!

G

·
Dave, I have a Full Powerflow System on and it has a 4" inward rolled pipe and I have had no problems and no loss of power!

Steve SHUT IT"

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm - need to have a wee confab on that at Trax then ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.