SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in talks with a couple of people here at work.

Next week I am going to contact Motorola's Marketing Dept and see if I can aquire a couple of mobile phones for prizes.

This is still early days but the peeps I have spoken to here think that MR will go for it because some of the proceeds will be going to the NSPCC and they obviously get a mention on the site, that sure as hell wont do Motorola any harm after the down fall they have had lately

If they do decide to give us a couple then I do not know if they will be pre-paid units (pay as you go) or free units you can use any SIM card in (hopefully the latter as most folks have phones these days) I will obviously be asking for the latest models too

I have also been speaking to a couple of mates and will hopefully have some other stuff we can give away too

will keep you posted

G

·
Well done Dave, now thats the kind of thing that we need to look at, if we have to use the NSPCC as a good tool and say that the proceeds are going to charity as well!

If we can get a few more onboard like that then it wouldbe great!

I am still looking towards a charity raffle for the National as well!

Well done mate good to see that kind of effort!

G

·
Aye, if we all did a little bit like this, we could get some big companies on board and get all of our prizes, maybe time to get blagging!

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Excellent Dave, well done!

If one of these phones was to be acquired for TRAX, might it be an idea to do a comp for it there, you know, a £1 a shot for members and public. Could make a wee bit. Just pull the winners name out of a bowl.

G

·
These are the type of companies that we need to approach.... all the mobile fone makers or service providers etc etc and once we get in with them we are cooking!

Lets get this letter and then see where we can go from there!

We need to get the info up on the site and get a copy of the letter up etc etc and it will carry more weight for us!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK so far I have approached

Motorola

and am planning to contact

Kodak
Nike

they are all companies my work has contracts with so fingers crossed

we also have the Nokia customer support contract and Samsung comming in soon but I will see how the other three go before contacting anyone else

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Si,

With regards to the above, remember I mentioned trying to get a copy of the NSPCC official letter - it would really help my blagging!!!!

Abi :D

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For your information, this is the mail I sent to Kodak and Motorola

Hi there
My name is Dave Mason, I am the Scottish area Co-Ordinator for the SEAT Enthusiasts (http://www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk), the fastest growing SEAT dedicated web site/club in the UK today.

We have some companies on board offering members discounts on parts and servicing for their cars as well as sponsoring site merchandise, and a few have also donated prizes for the competitions we will be running.

Also on board as our chosen club charity we have the NSPCC. We are planning to run some extra competitions on the site, and at events we attend, to raise money for this worth while cause. We are currently approaching companies throughout the United Kingdom who maybe interested in supporting this this project by donating various items to be used as prizes for the competitions. Your contributions would be greatly appreciated by ourselves here at SE as well as the NSPCC.

I think it goes without saying we would like to raise as much money as possible for this great charity, and around the beginning of next year we are planning a sponsored drive around the country, covering all our club regions and stopping at some NSPCC centers and SEAT dealerships all along our journey to collect the sponsorship money given and to raise some money too.

Thank you for considering our campaign and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dave

G

·
Dave thats superb and I think that it would be worthwhile to have a standard letter that anybody can send to companies and then it will allow us all to get involved rather than a couple ;)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats kinda what I thought
I kinda wrote this to be able to be sent to any one, or this letter could be tweaked to suit any company we are writing to if you wanted to make it specific to the company we are contacting

:D

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Dave, that is superb!

I've been drafting some letters over the last wee while and they are pants in comparison!

Please may I tweak yours...your letter before anyone says anything!

Abi :D

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ah you mean the letter

of course you can

I did not think it was that good tho and was going to change it slightly but yeah by all means Abi go right ahead

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think this one sounds better
I was not happy with some of the wording

Hi there
My name is Dave Mason, I am the Scottish area Co-Ordinator for the SEAT Enthusiasts (http://www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk), the fastest growing SEAT dedicated web site/club in the UK today.

Currently we have companies on board offering members discounts on parts and servicing for their cars as well as sponsoring some site merchandise, and a few have also donated prizes for the competitions we will be running each month starting very soon.

Also on board as our chosen club charity we have the NSPCC. We are planning to run some extra competitions on the site, and at events we attend, to raise money for this worth while cause. We are currently approaching companies throughout the United Kingdom who maybe interested in supporting this this project by donating various items to be used as prizes for the competitions. Your contributions would be greatly appreciated by ourselves here at SE as well as the NSPCC.

I think it goes without saying we would like to do as much as possible for this great charity, and next year we are planning a sponsored drive around the country covering all our club regions, and stopping at some NSPCC centers and SEAT dealerships all along our journey to collect donations received by our members and to raise some extra money along the way as well.

Thank you for considering our campaign and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts