SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I was able to give it a good run yesterday to Weston and now I have the following problems:

1. It is guzzling fuel at a massive rate and the MPG has gone way way down

2. I am getting a stutter in the car when I am putting my foot down on the accellerator

3. Last night when I got to 120 MPH in chipped mode I felt a surge and then it wouldnt go any further and in standard it now will not go above 130.

Any ideas, I will be speaking to Mich tommorow ;)

BTW ........ This is a Trial ;)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
N75 valve... overboosting causing it to shut down.. at a guess.. pretty much what has been seen with other chips..

An uprated N75 valve might solve the problem.. ?? seems to work for all the Golf modders that have big bhp.. maybe worth a shot.. ??

·
Registered
502 Posts
the MPG is now WORSE?

Are you sure...i mean, you driving in std mode..got you what...5mpg? :D :D :D

Your driving style may have something to do with that bit you know...if you kinda "cruised" at at steady 80-85mph on motorways...you might see some better numbers.

But as you ALWAYS like to do whacky races....i'm not surprised you get this level of mpg.

I used half a tank to get home last night.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
90 MPH for most of the way mate to be honest in standard and chipped and when in chipped it just guzzles :(

I had a chat with somebody else tonight who said that its running rich because although the fuel intake is better on chipped its still not drawing enough air in. :(

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, you have an induction kit mate...which is supposed to get more in than the std filter.

The problem can't really be that....its really down to the chip/program throwing too much fuel in!! :(

You can only get soo much air into the turbo...and thru the pipes/intercooler and intake manifold.

There's a point where you can't get no more...and the chip should have been programmed to know this.

No point mapping it really rich in the hope of more air..when it physically can't unless you do big turbo/big pipes/flowed intake manifolds etc....

But thats just my own thought...and i know bugger all about engines! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your on the right lines Lee, but remember this chip and programme has not been on an Ibiza and I think Mich has followed the mapping done for a Golf 20vt

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Did'nt Whelme have lower mpg figures when he ran his Upsolute Ibiza?

Be careful of running too long this rich for the sake of your cat. (not meow type cat :p)

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I have heard about that and it needs to be sorted because It is guzzling and you can smell it as well!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Now for £700 fitted wouldnt nos be better?? just flick the cover press the button and whosh another 50bhp, without the silly mpg when rolling normal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most tuner's make it a bit richer at the top end to cool things down a bit (More fuel = colder, more air = hotter) so its not a "Hope more air gets in thing" Lee;)

Whelme had bad mpg with his impossible chip, one of the reasons he changed it to a Jabbachip

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well they are gonna have to sort it out or they are not gonna sell the chip!

It seems to have settled down a little bit now tho ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine was down 2-3mpg. Mich sent me two more chips, one with less fuelling and another new program. The less fuel chip was noticably down on power, the new program one wouldn't even allow the engine to fire. Not Mich's fault really as the programs are sent to him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts