SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get a Race Cat for my cupra? And also a rough price as ive been given a price quote of £200 from Infinity Exhausts so just wondering what other options there are.

Cheers lads

·
Registered
286 Posts
Myki;780052 said:
Does anyone know where i can get a Race Cat for my cupra? And also a rough price as ive been given a price quote of £200 from Infinity Exhausts so just wondering what other options there are.

Cheers lads
Sounds a bit cheap to me! A universal cat will be around £200 but one made for your car will be alot more!
If you would like a quote please p.m me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a 3" stainless downpipe already on there already lol. Found out the race cat from infinity is only a 200 cell and they just cut an shut it which would work out good for me as the downpipe is in 2 pieces anyway so means il be ablt to keet it as 3". Is there much diference between 100 cell and 200 cell cats?

·
Registered
171 Posts
so if you have an aftermarket downpipe...you have an aftermarket cat?

or did who ever fab'd the DP use your existing cat to save cost?

the downpipe is NOT 2 pieces, it is one piece the cat is part of the downpipe

the difference between 100cell and 200cell is that a 100cell cat has half the number of cells.... in terms of power there isnt a big difference

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what i have on it currently on the car:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-1-8T-...093556925QQcategoryZ38786QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So if there is not a lot of diference in power between a 100cell and 200cell cat would it not be better to go for a 200cell to be sure it'l pass the emissions tests??

So i could get a 200cell fitted for £200 which is less than half what the 100cell blueflame costs and its fitted. I could make up for the power diference else where with the £280 im saving by gettin the 200cell over the blueflame

·
Registered
171 Posts
Myki;780450 said:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-1-8T-...093556925QQcategoryZ38786QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So if there is not a lot of diference in power between a 100cell and 200cell cat would it not be better to go for a 200cell to be sure it'l pass the emissions tests??

So i could get a 200cell fitted for £200 which is less than half what the 100cell blueflame costs and its fitted. I could make up for the power diference else where with the £280 im saving by gettin the 200cell over the blueflame
ohhh ok that makes more sense, i thought you were after a direct aftermarket replacement DP in one piece. i guess then for mot purposes you want to swap a decat for something that is going to pass emissions.

i'll bow out now as its a little complex for my ickle brain

G

·
Myki;780450 said:

I had a 100 cell and it passes its MOT so I dont know where you heard that :eek:o7dt:

If you speak nicely to Nigel at Blueflame and say you are on here he might give you a discount :wink0st:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.