SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i am going to be getting my ibiza lowered soon and was wanting to know what the raceland suspension kits are like, anyone got one, the shocks come with a lifetime guarantee but have heard they do leak after about a year or so
any help grateful
its a 94 Ibiza gti
cheers

GTIpaul

·
Registered
273 Posts
I hope not! just fitted a set to my cordy! :) :eek:

I've done a review for the main site which si has in his mits.

Overall, if you're not fitting them to a cordy - i'd highly recommend them, oh and be sure not to order the 60/40 drop kit or you won't get 17's on the back without catching.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate for letting us know, i was going to order 60mm springs and adj dampers for £160 i think, i am only running 14" untill after xmas when i am going to buy my 16", prob going to have to get the arches rolled then

·
Registered
273 Posts
16's work fine, if they're only 195 width - i've swapped back for the moment, and absolutley no rubbing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ive put my 17s back on the rear of my cordy with avo dropped about 40mm they catch a bit but not enough to get them 16s put back on quinch

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi all again, well next week is the time to purchase the raceland kit but i cant make up my mind if i should buy a 60mm kit or 40mm kit, i am running the standard 14" 3 spoke ibza alloys till after xmas when i will be purchasing a set of 16" and i have the standard gti bumper at the moment which might get changed in the near future, should i be ok with the 60mm kit till after xmas (dont want to have problems with speed bumps etc, but dont encounter much of them)

any advice here would be great

cheers again

GTIpaul

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Really its your call Paul
some people might turn round and say 40mm while others say 60mm

with either drop I do not think you would need to worry about your front bumper, even when you get your 16's there should be no problem as the cars height should not change on the 16's as when you go up a wheels size you come down a tyre size to keep the overall turning radius the same so your speedo and gear ratios are unaffected

Personally with you planning to run 16's I would say the 60mm drop would look sweeeeet but it all comes down to personal taste and how practical you want your car to be

hope this maybe helps a little

G

·
Be a devil and join the lowrider club ....... I am down about 60mm at the moment and I have no rubbing at all, its on a Ibiza Cupra 20vt but there aint much difference, if you go to - 40mm and then get fed up you will be well peeved"

Just my thoughts the choice is yours

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
60mm it is then, i thought it might have looked a bit to low with the 14" but **** it, 60mm here we come

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.