SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a GEODESY, which, I have to say, is the dog's danglies. It has not missed one camera since I got it, which is a pretty damn good record.

Do any of you own radar detectors though? If so, which one do you use and how do you rate it? Detecting cameras is all very well but now with them painted orange you'd have to be blind to miss 'em anyway.... and GPS detectors don't catch the copper round the corner.

What do people think?

G

·
I had a Origin blue i, that was/is the main competetor to the MG, I was impressed by its awareness of whats around you but not with its relieabilty,

I had to send the main unit back 4 times in 6 months for repairs and eventually after months of hassle with it i sent it back for good asking for my money back.

I now own a Bell radar detector, alerts me to traffic lights, petrol stations,oh, and the odd camera.

I fancy a MG but im buggered if im going to pay another £300+ for dissapointment.

G

·
Ive got a cobra, and to be honest its not that fantastic even though it quite a high spec model. Like steve it alerts me to all traffic lights so I only use it on motorways as its so annoying. Works alright near Heathrow where theres 12 miles of speed cameras. It gives about 50 meters notice even though its supposed to give a lot greater distance.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not sure which one I got (from states) but it is a bit unreliable, works great for the coppers at the side of the road tho, 1/2 mile warning on straight roads, bit pants on standard cameras but good on motorways.

Never needed it tho 'cos I don't speed:elo:

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a cobra - again from the US not sure what model.

Its fine for motorways but a pain in the **** in builtup areas (where it would be more useful.)

I don't speed in 30, 40 & 50 limits now anyway as I've nearly got a clean licence... and with my accident the premium will be high enough without any more points. (/me touches wood and again and again...)

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I've got a bell 980. It's brilliant stopped me gettin caugt quite a few times with gatso's an pc plod at the side of the road. Still been caught speedin with it but managed to get down to 89 from well over the ton before the reading was taken.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.