SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have an 02 Ibiza SE with an Alana cd/radio. Well the car would not start yesterday battery flat so wiped out the radio . I read the manual and started to follwoing instructions, must have entered wrong code/moved on to quickly now radio display just shows "SAFE".

Can anyone tell me how I go about sorting this, do I have to leave the radio on for an hour to reset itself.

Any help would be welcomed

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
189 Posts
As far as I know every time you input the incorrect code the length of time for "SAFE" to disappear doubles, upto something like 10 hours! When it disappears I think 0000 will appear and you input a new code by pressing 1,2,3 and 4 keys whatever number of times for each digit in your code, then the PTY button. This should be dealt with somewhere else on the forum. Do a search and I'm sure it's mentioned. Good luck mate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar prob recently and the PROG v SCAN thing is correct. Dealer told me to try the opposite of what the manual said......didn't help that some **** had written the wrong code in the tear off part of the manual, came across the correct code by accident but I had to leave the spare keys in my ignition overnight to eventually get rid of SAFE on the display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts