SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Radio Code showing "SAFE" message cant use Radio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

I have an 02 Ibiza SE with an Alana cd/radio. Well the car would not start yesterday battery flat so wiped out the radio . I read the manual and started to follwoing instructions, must have entered wrong code/moved on to quickly now radio display just shows "SAFE".

Can anyone tell me how I go about sorting this, do I have to leave the radio on for an hour to reset itself.

Any help would be welcomed

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was reading up on this very subject this morning as I had to disconnect my battery to try and install a new stereo.

Yes, you have to leave it for one hour, but switched on; that is, the car doesn't need to be running, but if your ignition is the same as mine, don't remove the key or the radio will turn off.

After an hour, it will allow you to try again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just slightly off topic I know but I have to replace the battery on my 51 plate Ibiza. I don't think that I have the code to the radio. Is the radio code for sure?
I have spoken to a few garages and they can try and work with jump leads to keep the electric live but don't guarantee that the radio will work after.
In case it does die how do I get a code for the radio?

Thanks for any help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts