SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Also, check along the underside of the car while someone else presses the washer stalk. There are a few joins where it can come apart, so you should see water pooring from somewhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went out again and can hear water trickle, just dont know where it is going

will get someone to help me tomorrow and check it out

does the pipe, go along the underside of the car or inside?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all sorted now, pipe was disconnected

as reference for anyone who has taken the plastic panel on the boot lid off, the part number for the metal clips is 4A0867276A and are 25p each plus VAT

these need to be changed in order for it to clip back in without rattling

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Folks!

got the same problem with my leon rear washer but cant fathom out how to remove the rear door inner panel to get at the washer pipe. i took out the screws from the two handle but the panel itself seems pretty much fixed to the car. is it just a case of brute force and pulling it away or is there a more subtle technique?
i read earlier that when replacing the panel i will need to buy new metal clips but unfortunately the post didnt mention how to get the panel off in the first place.
dont really want to risk snapping the panel if i can avoid it. any advice would be appreciated!!

cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thumbcrusher;784065 said:
Hi Folks!

got the same problem with my leon rear washer but cant fathom out how to remove the rear door inner panel to get at the washer pipe. i took out the screws from the two handle but the panel itself seems pretty much fixed to the car. is it just a case of brute force and pulling it away or is there a more subtle technique?
i read earlier that when replacing the panel i will need to buy new metal clips but unfortunately the post didnt mention how to get the panel off in the first place.
dont really want to risk snapping the panel if i can avoid it. any advice would be appreciated!!

cheers.
well mine was dislocated in the rear quarter so i took that panel of after, mght be worth chcking this first as its easier.

with the boot panel, i took the center rear lights out, and got a long nose plier to squeeze the metal clips which helped make it easier to come off. brute force is the way, but i could see the plastic lugs about to break.

EDIT : pic of where mine was dislocated below

2 screws in the boot, one behind seatbelt in rear cabin

any problems post again

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wonder if thats whats up with mine. My Leon only has a small bit of water coming out of the jet and takes a few seconds to come through. Hardly any pressure at all. Checked the pipe in the boot lid but it was attached so thought nothing of it and never bothered with it since.

If anyone could post some better pictures (close ups) or could tell me where the pipe runs through the car it would be a big help :)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The main areas it pops are in the bootlid itself - you'll normally get washer fluid in the boot if this happens, behind the trim in the passenger side of the boot and by the bulkhead in the engine bay - eliminate these first would be my advice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.