SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My rear wiper is jammed mid windscreen, on a 2002 leon. Does anyone know how or what to look for in trying to fix it. At the base of the wiper there is a nut I thought I could loosen but can't get to it with a regular spanner as it embedded to far down, ( can you tell I'm a novice). The washer jet still works but is pretty pointless as at the current angle is sprays the boot!!

Thanks
T

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
It could be a siezed motor/drive or dodgy electrics somewhere. Only way you'll find out is to get to the motor (search for how to remove rear trim).

Un-plug it and put the wipers on, if you get 12v then it's the motor/drive thats gone - no 12v it's electrical.

Dave

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know I've said this a few times, but be very careful removing the trim, as you don't want to fix one problem and create another....I removed my trim without reading how to do it, and by the end it was in bits! (someone else's problem now!), clips and plastic all over the place....

·
Registered
20 Posts
DodgyDave;785670 said:
It could be a siezed motor/drive or dodgy electrics somewhere. Only way you'll find out is to get to the motor (search for how to remove rear trim).

Un-plug it and put the wipers on, if you get 12v then it's the motor/drive thats gone - no 12v it's electrical.

Dave
Don't know if it's a different motor or not but I managed to un-sieze the rear wiper motor on mine by taking it apart and squirting WD40 in it and working it back and forth. Might be worth a try before forking out £100 for a new one. Mind you I cant use the washer now as it leaks into the boot but thats another story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts