SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post so please be gentle. Had a look useing the search option but can't find anything to help me.

52 reg 1.9TD Alhambra. Rear wiper stopped working last week. Took it of and unseized it. Works perfecly except that when I try and squirt water most of it leaks into the back!!! Looks like water is leaking from just below the nozzle inside the wiper shaft. It looks like the nozzle moves with the wiper so that water always hits the screen where it is needed. Is this correct? If so how does the nozzle keep a tight connection and move? If you see what I mean? I could post piccys if my description isn't good enough.

Thanks for looking.

Also, can the rear cluster lights come apart?Looks like water has been leaking into them for a while and they are starting to look a bit green in places!!!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The washer jet shouldn't move with the wiper - my Dad had this problem on his 1.2 Ibiza. It started off with just the washer jet moving - except his sprayed on the floor half the time (!) and then it failed some more and started filling the boot :eek:. Unfortunately, it was a new rear wiper motor needed because the washer nozzle's integral to the motor unit.

It was pretty expensive I think - over £100 for the part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts