SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2000 w reg toledo 1.8SE 20V. Unlocked the vehicle this morning using the remote key fob and locked it an hour later using the same method. However when attempting to re-open the cental locking would not function at all. It was then i noticed that the LED on the remote was ared constantly. Has anyone else had this problem ? Spoke to the main stealers who are advising that I have a faulty remote which will cost £40 +VAT to replace and a further £40 +VAT to recode. This seems a bit excessive. Would be grateful for any help in trying to resolve this matter, preferably without being fleeced by the stealers

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
Sadly the costs you have quoted are realistic as it takes up to half an hour from start to finish to replace your remote......it really depends if the unit wants to play ball and code in first time. With any security system us dealers have to request id and proof of ownership. We use a new system called GEKO which is accessed via the VAS 5051b daignostic equipment and code is requested through this system where as a couple of months ago we requested all secrity codes online to SEAT UK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as an after thought there are a couple of questions i would like to ask
a. Is there any indication that the battery in the remote is on the way out ?
b. how exactly are you suppossed to open up the remote to change the battery without breaking it ?

Cheers

·
Registered
137 Posts
doti b;786978 said:
Just as an after thought there are a couple of questions i would like to ask
a. Is there any indication that the battery in the remote is on the way out ?
b. how exactly are you suppossed to open up the remote to change the battery without breaking it ?

Cheers
Not that I know, but worth checking the connections in case it got wet or dirty.

There is a small notch on the remote, oppostie side to the buttons. put a small screwdriver in and carefully twist to seperate the two sections - you can see from the groove where it comes apart. Now the tricky bit - you need to prise open the two catches to split the case in two - along where the white seal is. You may need someone to help as it's a bit fiddly.

Take the battery out and carefully clean the connectors. You can get a new battery for less than £2 so might be worth doing this as well.

If that doesn't cure it, then a new key will probably be required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts