• Renault Laguna

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has asked me to put up a poll to see which is a better family car:
Skoda Octavia or Renault Laguna (both in saloon form)
You decide. With my help. And his.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I'd choose the Octy, but if size is important then the Laguna probably has a bigger boot (probably closer to the Skoda Superb than the Octavia). I prefer the styling of the Octavia, never have liked Renaults as they just feel a bit 'cheap'.

I think you might find you get a slightly biased view on this forum ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
alanjonesbath;778797 said:
I'd choose the Octy, but if size is important then the Laguna probably has a bigger boot (probably closer to the Skoda Superb than the Octavia). I prefer the styling of the Octavia, never have liked Renaults as they just feel a bit 'cheap'.

I think you might find you get a slightly biased view on this forum ;)
Are you joking i got three bodies in mine the other week the boots are varst!:laugh8kb:

·
Registered
333 Posts
giles;778825 said:
I have to say I agree with you jaycee. I went to france once, and vowed never to go back there again!
I too have vowed never to return to France.

As for the car, Octavia all the way! If reliability is a key thing for you (as i would imagine if you want a family car), then avoid the Laguna, just take a look around the web for a real analysis of it's capabilities, or sheer lack of them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
right now in some small renault garage in france there is a man on his break looking at this spitting his coffee, cursing, and shouting sacre bleu at the screen

·
Registered
127 Posts
I personally would love to go back to France just as soon as someone burns every frenchman in a bl**dy big public bonfire so we can all stand and chuck rocks at the ones that look like they might make a run for it!
Spleen vented, it's got to be the Octavia hasn't it

·
Registered
333 Posts
healy6660;778877 said:
I personally would love to go back to France just as soon as someone burns every frenchman in a bl**dy big public bonfire so we can all stand and chuck rocks at the ones that look like they might make a run for it!
Spleen vented, it's got to be the Octavia hasn't it
Haven't they got a history of that? I believe it's called Bastille day lol. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
French crap! had a 306 for about 4 months last year (Second Car) big hole to pour money into.

Air Con - Broken
Heated Screen - Broken
Glow Plug - snapped in head when changing them.
Wheel Bearing - noisy
Drivers Seat - Creaked
Exhaust - Fell Off 6:45AM going to work.
Crap Crap Crap...

On the flip side though i did like my saxo vtr But it was brand new when i bought it and i only kept it for 2 years then bought my first cupra (Ibiza 20vt)! Met the guy who bought it in B&Q car park a while back by chance and he said he'd spent a fortune on it apparently the diff packed in. So once again french crap!!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
My dad had a Laguna. The wheels were made from a weak alloy and buckled very easily. It rattled a lot and the gearbox was replaced twice due to problem getting it into third.

On the plus side it was economical and handled well.

Personally, i would go for the Octavia due to its build quality and equipment levels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts