SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is this the device which measures your horse power, torque,...

2. Does it work on the principle on floring your car on it while it's connected to the computer

3. If 1 and 2 = true why isn't there a poligon to test the car on the real road. That would be much more exact.

Can some one give some more details about this since I thinking of testing my mota on it, but I wan't to be sure this is it!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Well the RR I put my car on gave me readings for :
B.H.P
Torque
Wheel output
drag output
Air/oil temp.

You can also get readings for 0 - 60, 60 - 100. Your cars not really floored when finding out b.h.p, more brought through the gears normally until engine peaks.

Gareth

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Surfer_D
1. Is this the device which measures your horse power, torque,...

2. Does it work on the principle on floring your car on it while it's connected to the computer

3. If 1 and 2 = true why isn't there a poligon to test the car on the real road. That would be much more exact.

Can some one give some more details about this since I thinking of testing my mota on it, but I wan't to be sure this is it!

Thanks
A RR dyno measures Torque at the wheels. Given Torque and rpm you can then calculate bhp.

Overrun measurements following a power run can give a measurment of rolling losses, inc g'box, wheels, tyres etc and this figure can be used to back calculate flywheel power figures which can be compared to factory figures.

VAG-COM can be used in dyno mode datalogging #120 which is the TCS Torque block. It is not measured torque output, but dereived torque output, but is very accurate when compared to static dynos. The benefit of VAG-COM dyno measurement is it is on the road driving, so real road speeds have real airflow through the motor, radiator, intercooler etc. Static dynos load the car up, and have fans which at best blow 30mph wind into the front radiator.

example of VAG-COM output into an excel spreadsheet> http://www.badger5.demon.co.uk/bin/dynoplot-vagcom3.xls

bhp=(torque(lb/ft) x rpm)/5252

There are inertia RR's and Eddy Brake RR's. Inertia RR's could be deemed the more accurate for power runs, but cannot be held at different loads or speeds.

regards
Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.