SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To carry and the bits and pieces my family seem to need on holiday I will have to fit a roof box.

Has anyone out there invested in the cross bars needed to mount it between the roof rails and can recommend a particular make or system.
I appreciate that SEAT make their own, but a quick internet search shows that I can get aftermarket bars cheaper. Just wondering if anyone can suggest a particular brand to either purchase or avoid.

Cheers
Dave.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a set from our local motor factors. Paddy Hopkirk by name, think they are part of Mont Blanc? Cheaper than Thule, probably not quite as good as Thule but you only use them a couple of times a year so what does it matter? And they fit other cars with roofbars so you can take them if you change vehicle or do what I do and let your mates borrow them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have the THULE ones but all about the same as long as you stick with the max. weight that should be carried thinks its around 50KGs

got mine of EBay £27 all in bargain had for about 3 years now

make sure you get the roof bars that lock save them going AWOL without your permission

1 - 4 of 4 Posts