SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, Ive noticed little bits of rust around the car ....nuffin major though. Wondering if where I find the rust on my mk2, others do too.

- non-stainless steal nuts that hold the boot piston things in place?
- left rear arch, just on the inside?
- a little crack of painwork/rust just above the right rear lights, under boot?

Anyone else found any other lil bits and pieces with any spec SEAT/VAG?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Nothing much on mine - a little worried about the M3 side skirts - leading edge on the front arch - stuff tends to collect - could be a potential problem with the sills in later life.

Otherwise no - been carefull and added big flappy mud flaps when I bought my Cordy at 1.5k miles (S reg 1998).

Washed regularly to keep the salt at bay - take wheels off and polish / treat wheels arches every 6 months.:blush:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jionts on the sills will be soon,and when ya lift the boot check the top edge ,just rust remeded mine:mad:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Originally posted by Smithy
Right, Ive noticed little bits of rust around the car ....nuffin major though. Wondering if where I find the rust on my mk2, others do too.

- non-stainless steal nuts that hold the boot piston things in place?

Anyone else found any other lil bits and pieces with any spec SEAT/VAG?
Non plated galvernised/nickel plated bolts nuts will always corrode

not noticed any rust on mine, maybe I need new blinkers:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yeah ive got some bits n bobs on my mk2 and is due to wheels kicking up stone chips , there is one on the passenger side rear quarter and it seems to have touched up but had already been penetrated by rust.

It all can be fixed as long as you go to a good bodyshop that wont fleece ya, and just paint over it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts