SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
All the TomTom products are excellent IMHO. I own a GO 500 and have had a play with the others coz I sell them.

- GO 300 has UK maps;

- GO 500 faster CPU than 300 plus UK European roads & Bluetooth mobile 'phone compatible;

- GO700 as 500 but with more RAM & has hard disk that contains UK & all european roads, oh & a remote control;

- TomTom ONE pretty much replaces the GO 300 and is easier to carry around.

7 digit UK postcode searches possible - many other sat nav systems only do 4 or 5 or may not do postcode searches at all.

All the screens are large and fully touch sensitive, there are no buttons to press, just big clear icons to tap. Lots of in-built customisation available and software add-ons from 3rd parties. TomTom release software updates FOC to registered users.

New TomTom GO 510, 710 & 910 products launched at CeBIT on 9th March - keep an eye out for them. You will be able to get an RDS/TMC receiver that will pickup traffic info.

The Sony NV-U50, U50T and U70T units look pretty good too. The voice instructions will tell you the number of the road you are to turn onto. The 'T' models have RDS/TMC capability.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Cheers for you input on the Tom Tom range.
Do you know how much the new range will be on sale for?
A mate of mine is interested in the new 710, but hinted at the 910 if the price isn't too much more. Haven't found any date for sale either, just sometime this month AFAIK.
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dave, I won't have prices on the new range until they land in store so unfortunately I can't give you advance notice, and we never know when new products are going to arrive, they just turn up on the back of a huge lorry along with everything else. We might get to see the TomTom rep before they launch, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
No off the shelf stock in our store of the new TomTom models as yet. However, at the time of writing, if a customer walks into the store and places a paid order I can now get the 510 & 910 models within a week.

323551 TomTom GO 510 - £349.99
323578 TomTom GO 910 - £499.99

and the 710 is on about a 14 day lead time

323560 TomTom GO 710 - £399.99

They are also available for order on-line, which probably means other stockists have got them for sale now also.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We should have the new Tom Toms availabe very soon!!
Unsure of the price as yet but we shall see what deal we can offer if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Motorserv said:
We should have the new Tom Toms availabe very soon!!
Unsure of the price as yet but we shall see what deal we can offer if anyone is interested.
If you can beat the PC World Price (by more than £1) i know someone who is very keen to buy one. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Daveyonthemove said:
You can get the 910 for £450 at PC world if you pick up an in store magazine and get the voucher enclosed.
:D
Ooh that's fighting talk :boxing:. Shame on you for mentioning PC World, a Dixons Group store :rock: .

;) However all I would say is that if in the unusual circumstances that you you find exactly the same product priced lower within 10 miles of your nearest Comet store and the other store has stock for you to take away that day, then Comet will not only match the price but also beat it by 10% of the difference. What's more the Comet Price Guarantee applies for up to 14 days after you've made your purchase. Comet do not guarantee prices against any online electrical retailers, and they will not match product prices offered by warehouse clubs or any retail club requiring membership.

I don't know why I'm bothering to tell you this really, 'cause I'm not on commission :D .

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Daveyonthemove said:
If you can beat the PC World Price (by more than £1) i know someone who is very keen to buy one. :)
Mate as soon as i know i will post it up in our section.
At the min we might have a bit of a deal going on some navman or becker units.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
jtonline said:
Ooh that's fighting talk :boxing:. Shame on you for mentioning PC World, a Dixons Group store :rock: .

;) However all I would say is that if in the unusual circumstances that you you find exactly the same product priced lower within 10 miles of your nearest Comet store and the other store has stock for you to take away that day, then Comet will not only match the price but also beat it by 10% of the difference. What's more the Comet Price Guarantee applies for up to 14 days after you've made your purchase. Comet do not guarantee prices against any online electrical retailers, and they will not match product prices offered by warehouse clubs or any retail club requiring membership.

I don't know why I'm bothering to tell you this really, 'cause I'm not on commission :D .
I have to point out the cheaper options if i see it ;)
Commision or not, its good advice and i will pass it on to a mate of mine who is taking a serious look at these systems. I need to find a Comet now (never in 10 miles are they lol).
Maybe if i find one, i can use the TomTom to prove how close it is :D

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Right heres one for you JTonline......
My mate followed your advice about the Comet price offer and pointed out that he could get the 910 in PC world for £450, and he wanted to know if they would beat it. They told him they wouldn't honour it as the PC world price was with a voucher. WHY???
The offer was in a store, and was in the 10 mile raduis. They only offered to sell it him 10% cheaper than the original price. :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
:(
Hmm... I've only ever had to implement the Price Guarantee twice in 18 months.

There may be a caveat somewhere in the small print which says that voucher prices are excluded as they're not the shop's normal shelf price - i.e., not every customer of the other shop would have a voucher. I'll have to consult the small print, but I've got a couple of days off now so I can't check straight away.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Been to PC world tonight, and also phoned Comet.
PC world offer the 910 for a confirmed £499.99, minus 10% with the voucher.
Called Comet to see what they offer, and they only offer it for £499.99. However, they said they would remove 10% off the PC World full price, making it the same offer (£450) so not really beating it!
I got my wires crossed in the last post, as my mate explaned it poorly.
So it can be bought at either store for £450, however none of them seem to have any in stock! :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just my ten cents, I bought a Navigo from ebuyer for £55 and loaded the tomtom software onto it
(Very very very easy) now I have a TomTom for cheap cheap.
I've used many systems over the years, TomTom are still the best by far, But your paying for the privilege.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts