SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black (non metalic) Leon, it is my 3rd black car and I cant believe how easily it scratches! I am very careful when washing it, using the same tried and tested routine but it is now taking the ****. Every time I look at it I find new ones, especially in places like to roof. Ive been told that the problem lies because it is water based (some fecking EU directive). Does anybody know anything I can get the car sprayed with to make it a little more protective.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
You could have the car resprayed in non-water based paint... But not cheap.. As far as I know there isn't much you can do about it. I use Carnuba wax all the time and that seems to help but not much.

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, now that Ive got the car back from the Seat garage after the sideskirts fitted. I had a chat to the service manager and he informed me of a process called Jewelultra Diamondbrite. The process involves cleansing and filling of pores in the paint and putting a layer of something on that bonds causing a hard protective skin. He rated it and it only costs about £300 and it comes with a 6 year guarantee. I think that Im gonna have it done soon!:p

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've heard of something like that. I think Vauxhall offer a similar thing for their new cars and again I think it cost a few hundred notes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dont waste your money - I have the same product put on a BMW, water based paints on these too! The first bird that dropped its load - stained it. Did not seem to stop the chips either.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
My dad has the same coating on his Laguna. It doesn't stop chips or anything but it does seem to stop the sap off trees marking the paint.

Plenty of wax probably does the same thing though.

Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
I havent noticed that may scratches on mine... I use some Zymol wax stuff which seems to protect it against the paint comming off the trees! Is it becasue my paint isnt metalic???

Fishboy what are these side skirts then?? got any piccies? is that just side skirts and no change in front and rear bumper?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive got ebony black which is a real bitch to hide the scratches.
About the front and side skirts they are a Seat part and feature in the Leon broschure. I dont know how much it would all cost now for fitting and spraying but it all came as a deal I put togethor when I bought the car. Unfortunately i dont have any pictures but hopefully someone will have a digital carmera and help me put it on the site.:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also have the ebony black, (non-metallic), and noticed quite a few scratches/scuffs over the first 6 months or so. Now have about 4 coats of Carnauba wax on it which seems to of at least slowed the process down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an Ebony Black Ibiza and I have just had somebody out to look at all the scratches and little dents that have appeared and I look after the damn thing and they still appear!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.