SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to put mud flaps on my new car...

...BUT...

I can't believe how much rubbish gets thrown out the back of it...and I've only had it four days!

So is it cool or uncool to do?

Lucky_32 has them on his Cordoba, SIDE SHOW TURBO has them on his Ibiza Cupra and Dave McGowan wants them for Ibiza Cupra R to protect it from stones being chucked up.

So it might look pants, but looking at stone chips and stuff is even more pants isn't it?

Would really value your opinions on this one folks.

Ta,

Abi :D

G

·
I personally wouldn't.

I think they spoil the overall sporty look of some car's including the cupra.

Don't want to be shot down in flames here! just my opinion!;)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Its upto u mate no-one here would think bad of u mate, but i will say this ur cars paint work will no matter how well kept will eventually fall fouls to stone chips and flys n stuff, if u keep a few good layers of polish that will stop the flys carcasses from ruining the bumper n bonnet and will protect u from stone chips to a point,

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by Steve
I personally wouldn't.

I think they spoil the overall sporty look of some car's including the cupra.

Don't want to be shot down in flames here! just my opinion!;)
I agree

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Me too steve.. so no flames from me..

If I was driving a 1980's Lancia Delta Integrale then maybe mudflaps would go, but I don't think they suit the Cupra.

I haven't noticed any stone chips on the back of my car.. ?? not too many on the front either really.. apart from the two big dents in the bonnet and lack of paint from the 'bricks' that have hit it.. lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
not had any probs with chips on the back, just lots of mud from where I live, Oh and the occasional horse s**t.:(

·
Registered
123 Posts
yes i got flamed by the performance polo boys at action for having them! theyre coming off this weekend along with the rear badges!!

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All sounds good...didn't want to put any on and the feedback here suggests not to worry, so I ain't going to spoil her lovely rear end!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts