SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

Should Committee Members Be Allowed To Compete In Show And Shine Competitions?

• Yes they should

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No they shouldnt

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

I know that some have expressed doubts as to whether Committee Members should be allowed to enter this competition, however If we have an Independent judge then I dont see why those of us that take a lot of time and effort and pride should not be allowed to enter and its one of the reasons that I go to shows!

So a democratic vote!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Definately - as long as the judge is completely independant ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sooperb pretty resounding so far, will let everybody vote and then if its a YES I will get an independent judge on the day!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
We just grabbed a guy from a nearby stand for our one at Strathy for the RSOC day ;)

I thinik I should get a few coats of wax on soon so I have less to do when I get there ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave,

A random member of the public ........ who cares as long as we dont know them and they aint anything to do with the site!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool,

Well lets be democratic and let the vote take its course and then abide by the decision ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well some people know how much time I take on my car and thought it wouldnt look good if I won it and thats IF, but most Chairman are old farts who dont even go to the major shows!

At the end of the day if you put the effort in then why cant you win it?

·
Registered
302 Posts
me and Si have had many an argument about this and i have come to the conclusion that as long as the judge is totally independent, and has nothing to do with the site, then i think there is no reason not too.

Could just imagine Si winning the thing (as u we all know how long he spends buffing the car, almost as long as he spends bufifng me!!!) ;)

So just thought it would look dodgy the chairman and Co having the opportunity to do that, but as i have said now, as long as the judge is independent then see no problem in it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks babe(Nicci)

And we truly have had an argument about it and I agree that it might look dodgy but then I am a Member of the site like anybody else!

I even said to Nicci I would resign as Chairman because I put a lot of effort into the car and everybody wants to win!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
so long as the judge is independent i don't see why not, doesn't mean im gonna enter but everyone else should b allowed coz after all we're all a member of the site :)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Without reading underneath I voted no thinking that the judge would be a member of the site and therefore possibly biased...but as it states undreneath the judge(s) would be independant so I would now like to change my vote to a yes!

Edition38 enter their own cars into show and shine and they vote who wins, and guess what? they win! Thats what I dont wanna see here!

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No Tom thats not what it would be about, but what I was meaning is that it would be unfair to those of us that trudge to all these meets and shows not to actually have a go would it?

I will ask either one of the other clubs to do it or one of the organisers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I assume there is a charge to enter?

Money going to charity?

Committiee member's make up, what, 10 of the car's?

Should be mandatory as far as im concerned.

Who cares who wins, its more about the charity then anything else!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.